I currently do not have a data plan on my Curve. Is it possible to get someone with a data plan to pop a sim card into my phone and d/l Opera Mini, and then would I be able to browse with Opera on wi-fi? Or does it completely not work with a wi-fi connection?
    05-26-08 07:55 PM
    plz stop submitting new identical threads.
    05-26-08 08:09 PM
    plz stop submitting new identical threads.
    sry, but does anyone know if this is possible
    05-26-08 08:32 PM
    sry, but does anyone know if this is possible
    Why dont you search the boards and find out?
    05-26-08 08:42 PM
    Why dont you search the boards and find out?
    i have... and there's nothing I can find about switching sim cards to get OM and then using it on wi-fi
    05-26-08 08:49 PM
    I'll never understand why someone buys a smartphone and then doesn't buy a dataplan for it.
    05-26-08 08:51 PM
    I agree jrs that blows my mind
    05-26-08 08:57 PM
    You need the data plan in order to use Opera mini. Opera mini uses your providers APN settings. So the only way you can use opera is with a data connection.

As for all of you who post with no answer why don't you leave your smart allek comments on another site? This site is to help people not to post stupid nonsense. Some people cannot afford the data plan and thats why they don't get it.
    05-26-08 08:58 PM
    You need the data plan in order to use Opera mini. Opera mini uses your providers APN settings. So the only way you can use opera is with a data connection.

As for all of you who post with no answer why don't you leave your smart allek comments on another site? This site is to help people not to post stupid nonsense. Some people cannot afford the data plan and thats why they don't get it.
    First of all, OM4.1 can most certainly use WiFi. Why don't you know your stuff before you post incorrect info?

Second of all, it's best to have all your ducks in a row before you go cutting down people. (i.e. see "First of all")
    05-26-08 09:05 PM
    First of all, OM4.1 can most certainly use WiFi. Why don't you know your stuff before you post incorrect info?

Second of all, it's best to have all your ducks in a row before you go cutting down people. (i.e. see "First of all")
    why don't you get your ducks in a row before posting on here. Take a look at http://www.operamini.com/help/ under connection you need a data plan in order for it to work. But obviously you think you know everything. See I know my stuff and I can back it up.
    05-26-08 09:11 PM
    why don't you get your ducks in a row before posting on here. Take a look at http://www.operamini.com/help/ under connection you need a data plan in order for it to work. But obviously you think you know everything. See I know my stuff and I can back it up.
    Yes I do because with Opera Mini 4.1 it now supports WiFi. The Help section on Opera Mini's site has not been updated for this new info yet.

Thanks for playing...
    05-26-08 09:15 PM
    Wow what a great fight! Yeah kick him in da ballz! Punch him in his acne filled face! Not siding for any1 but yeah! Hey sorry punkskata but ur post has become a fighting ring!
    05-26-08 09:24 PM
    I currently do not have a data plan on my Curve. Is it possible to get someone with a data plan to pop a sim card into my phone and d/l Opera Mini, and then would I be able to browse with Opera on wi-fi? Or does it completely not work with a wi-fi connection?
    Thanks for the correct information JRSCCivic98.

punkskata321, there is no need to swap SIM cards. Simply download Opera Mini on your PC and transfer it to your BB via the Desktop Manager.

lustful_gangsta, I know your supposed to be all "hood" but maybe this website will help you out.
    Last edited by Eric_V; 05-26-08 at 09:31 PM.
    05-26-08 09:26 PM
    You just tick the wifi box... Bang-a-rang... wawawa wifi...yeah

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 09:26 PM
    bacidath i am confused with ur comments. Care to clarify?
    05-26-08 09:34 PM
    bacidath i am confused with ur comments. Care to clarify?
    click wifi box and you have wifi.
    05-26-08 09:39 PM
    okay every, thank you for you posts, even though some didn't help at all. time to shut this one down.
    05-26-08 09:41 PM
    What about the other two you started for the exact same thing?
    05-26-08 09:59 PM
    Sorry but I also don't understand shelling the money for a smart phone and nixing a data plan. That's like spending the money on a hi-def tv to turn around and use a rabbit ear antenna.

05-26-08 10:25 PM
    Bacidath To clarify.. if you have the latest OM. Go to settings scroll all the way to the bottom and tick the wifi box... Anden... Bang-a-rang peter... It works with the wifi. If your BB has wifi that is.

05-26-08 11:03 PM
    Hey Ponderous... What's wrong with the rabbit ears? J/k. Anyway OTA is the best way to get HD... Not compressed like the cable or sat.. OTA. Yeah

05-26-08 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD