I'm new to this forum and am sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't seem to get Opera Mini or the Gmail application to work. This is my first Blackberry, and so far I'm loving it.

About my device.
    I have a Blackberry Curve 8300, originally locked to AT&T - now unlocked on T-Mobile. (I was pretty surprised when it got the T-Mobile settings automatically).

It's running firmware version 4.2.2.166.

I've changed the APN to "wap.voicestream.com" by going to Options>Advanced Options>TCP.

I have powered down the device and removed the battery, but have not pulled the battery out with the device still running.

About my service.
    I am using the grandfathered T-Zones plan as I don't need the push email and things like that (I just really like the look of the device and the qwerty keyboard).

All I need is internet browsing and for applications to be able to connect to the internet (Instant Messaging, Gmail, etc).

Overall, the rest of the settings work fine. I am able to browse the web using the built in browser and things work fine. I am a bit particular to opera though, and would really like to get this working. I would also like to be able to instant message from the device.

I cannot switch from the Tzones plan as I sometimes pop my sim card into a Sony Ericsson that I have, which requires that for data.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    03-27-09 05:13 PM
    Well if you update your operating system to 4.5 it should help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 08:25 PM
    I would like to do that (lots of nice themes for 4.5), but the miniUSB port doesn't work. I've been charging it from a cradle, and that works fine, but because of the broken port - I can't update or connect via cable.

Is there maybe a way to update from a memory card? Or some other way that doesn't require the Blackberry to connect to the computer?
    03-27-09 11:32 PM
    You need to go into Setting>Advanced Options>TCP and put in the APN for TMO T-Zones. The service books are for BB service which you don't have. If T-Mobile uses a user id and password (most carriers do not) then put that in also. Reboot phone and should work.
    03-28-09 02:42 AM
    I tried that. Still won't allow any apps to connect to the internet.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'm getting used to the default browser though, so I'm pretty ok with that.

On a side note, does anyone know how to get a good instant messaging app working?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD