I have a Curve 8300. The U uses a web based mail server for the off site application that gets one into the exchange server as a web page. I can open the main web page, see files listed and the subject/author sections of the email in the inbox. But I cannot find a way to open them. What am I doing incorrectly here? There is no error message. I click on one (underlined) and nothing happens. These do not appear to be hot. I tried the various icons as well. Same response.
    Last edited by drpietrzak; 10-29-08 at 10:07 AM.
    10-29-08 09:07 AM
    I have tried this as well. As you said, the links are not hot. Have you tried setting up your email as a BB email account and have it pushed to your BB?
    10-29-08 09:13 AM
    The university does not apear to support it (BB) so I am on my own here. As I am new the BB environment (and terminology) and I am not real sure what you are asking. I have the email for home arrive and send just fine. It is a traditional email provider (pop acct). What is push?

Also, I was hoping to use this access method to update calendar etc. So if all I get is email this is not a fix for me really.
    10-29-08 09:17 AM
    I don't know about the calendar.

For email, from what you say, it sounds like the U is using MS Exchange Server. If that's correct, are you able to access your email from a computer not connected to the U network? A typical address is mail.organization.com/exchange. If you can do this, then you should be able to set up your U email account through your BIS (Verizon). One caution. I think I have read of others who had this problem with University email/webmail setups. Something about .edu.

Push is BlackBerry pushing (sending) your email to your BB. When an email arrives at Blackberry's servers it is sent directly to your device just like an incoming phone call. That way, you don't have to manually (or set up a periodic) send/receive for email.
    10-29-08 09:32 AM
    Do I need to contact Verizon to set this up or is it something I do here?
    10-29-08 10:07 AM
    You can do it yourself. You need an account set up with Verizon. I think this is the link:https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    10-29-08 10:17 AM
    Thanks! I will give that a try.
    10-29-08 10:19 AM
    Good luck.
    10-29-08 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD