I still consider myself new to the BB scene and went from OS 4.3 to OS 4.5 One thing I liked on OS 4.3 is that when making a call, you could either quickly push the talk/send button and it would take you to your most recent incoming/outgoing call list, or you could hold that same button down for 2-3 seconds and it would take you directly to your address book.

Since I upgrade to OS 4.5, I am no longer able to hold this button down to take me to my address book, no matter how long I hold the button down, it just now takes me to the most recent incoming/outgoing list. Maybe I am lazy, but I did enjoy having the shortcut of holding the button down to get to my address book.

Is their some other shortcut out there like the one mentioned above that maybe got changed around with the new OS?

Thank you,
    Bowers
    02-17-09 10:45 PM
    Hmm, I never knew that shorcut existed. I never had a need to constantly look at my address book. The call log was more than enough to get to the contact I needed, along with shortcuts and what not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 11:09 PM
    Actually, when you get to the call log just start typing the name of the person you want to call and it will come up.

02-17-09 11:11 PM
    Bowers, I upgraded to 4.5 (on Sprint) and mine still works that way...both items you described...
    02-17-09 11:12 PM
    That's weird. I upgraded to the Sprint OS two days ago and it works. I made sure it did a few seconds ago.
    Did you try to restart your phone?

02-17-09 11:41 PM
    Are you lifting your finger after the call log screen comes up. I can do it but I have to hold it down...the log screen...then lift my finger and hold down again...phone book.
    02-17-09 11:46 PM
    Mine works. lol.
    02-18-09 12:26 AM
    Or just type from home screen that's what I do

02-18-09 12:29 AM
    I type from the home screen to dial a number, but if you're trying to edit a contact's info it can be a pain to navigate through that way.

Press send once, you get the call log. THEN hold it, BAM address book.
    02-18-09 01:43 AM
    If you disable Dial from Home Screen, you can use 'a' to go to address book, amongst other shortcuts ('l' for calendar, 'm' for messages etc.) Hit talk, go to options, general, and you'll see the option there. Great time saver and reduces the risk of accidentally dialing if you forgot to lock the keypad.
    02-18-09 08:20 AM
    I havne't had my curve 8330 from sprint not even a month yet. I want to upgrade to the 4.5 but I heard alot of negative stuff about it like it freezes the phone it locks up on you. Have anyone had any problems since they upgraded to 4.5
    02-18-09 08:48 AM
    I haven't had any problem with my curve locking up or freezing..
    02-18-09 09:37 AM
    Bowers, I upgraded to 4.5 and mine works exactly the way you described. Maybe you need to reboot or reinstall
    02-18-09 09:50 AM
    Sonshyne- I upgraded to 4.5.0.131 and it has hurt the multitasking of my phone a little. When I hang up a call I have to wait like 30 seconds before I can use the browser. If the browser was in use when the call came in I can't leave the page it's on for 30 seconds. This NEVER happened with os 4.3 PERIOD. The new os is zippier but not if anything else running (besides the 5 apps that are always running). My curve always had some oddities but they too have become more pronounced since switching to 4.5. I'm getting a refurb. Curve and I will upgrade to 4.5 and keep everyone posted on what happens with that.

02-18-09 11:27 AM
    I upgraded as well, and mine works this way:

Hit talk, it';ll go to call log. hold it down within call log, and it'll take you to address book. hope to help.
    02-18-09 11:59 AM
    I upgraded as well, and mine works this way:

Hit talk, it';ll go to call log. hold it down within call log, and it'll take you to address book. hope to help.
    This way works for me as well.
    02-18-09 12:13 PM
    You have to hit the send the first time and then hold it down the second time and the address book will appear
    02-18-09 12:15 PM
    Are you lifting your finger after the call log screen comes up. I can do it but I have to hold it down...the log screen...then lift my finger and hold down again...phone book.
    Ah! What a weird shortcut, I thought it was going to redial the last call/caller but nope. Works like you said.
    02-18-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD