I don't use it for work or anything, just personal. However, I'd like my emails to be able to be read normally instead of text and links and all that weird stuff.

I googled and all I could see was the difference, which i'm semi still confused about and I just would like to know what a 23 year old, who uses her curve for personal use, wants to receive emails/calls/texts/internet and whatnot?

BES or BIS?
    05-17-08 03:42 PM
    The Blackberry Enterorise Server (BES) is usually used by companies for their internal corporate emails. It is highly secure and can be configured to the company's requirements.

Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) is a product that is offered by mobile phone carriers to bring email services to the rest of us. If the phone is your own then this is the one for you.

You need to talk to your carrier and ask what opions are available. I'm in Europe so can't help but there are lodas of other in this forum who can tell you waht to ask for and there is most likey a forum for T-Mobile on Crackberry.

Once you have this all working, come back here and ask more questions about making emails pretty. You will probably want to spend $29.99 on a product from Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox that formats html emails.

As to what a 23 year old uses a smartphone for, I'm the wrong guy to ask. I'm 62.
    05-17-08 04:00 PM
    You should be using BIS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 04:18 PM
    Yep BIS is the way for you to go.
    05-17-08 04:19 PM
    For sure BIS is the way to go. I was rather hoping for someone with a TMO plan to offer advise as to what was the 'best' option.
    05-17-08 04:31 PM
    For sure BIS is the way to go. I was rather hoping for someone with a TMO plan to offer advise as to what was the 'best' option.
    No problem ... if you are on TMO and have a phone plan already, adding BIS is only $19.95 monthly - a great deal!

/BD
    05-17-08 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD