Hi Folks,
    My beloved BB curve fell on a small pond of water. Initially it seemed that everything was OK until I received a call that I could not answer because the keyboard did not work. I quickly pull the battery and let it rest overnight. Now everything seems to be fine except for the fact that I have a missed called icon on my homescreen, and the phone has a red asterisk but when I go to my call logs are no calls! I have cleared the call history/missed calls and the thing persists. After receiving a call the red asterisk dissappears from the phone icon but the yellow thingie that denotes you have a missed call still appears on the home screen... HELP!
    05-01-08 08:52 AM
    Did you try doing a battery pull? It's the universal fix it for berries!
    05-01-08 08:57 AM
    yes... I've done a few of them. I also tried taking the SIM card out... I cannot do a fulll reset because the BB support in my company is really slow and I don't want to stop receiving messages.
    05-01-08 09:01 AM
    Hi Folks,
    My beloved BB curve fell on a small pond of water. Initially it seemed that everything was OK until I received a call that I could not answer because the keyboard did not work. I quickly pull the battery and let it rest overnight. Now everything seems to be fine except for the fact that I have a missed called icon on my homescreen, and the phone has a red asterisk but when I go to my call logs are no calls! I have cleared the call history/missed calls and the thing persists. After receiving a call the red asterisk dissappears from the phone icon but the yellow thingie that denotes you have a missed call still appears on the home screen... HELP!
    you have to reload your OS, it happened to me.. once i did the update it went away!
    05-01-08 09:07 AM
    I am glad to hear there is a way to fix it... I am a little OCD and that little icon is driving me crazy! How do you reload the OS? thanks!
    05-01-08 09:11 AM
    The battery pull won't work here and reloading the OS is a lot of work.

Do a Backup and Resore using Desktop Manager and the problem will go away.

Promise.
    05-01-08 09:39 AM
    I am glad to hear there is a way to fix it... I am a little OCD and that little icon is driving me crazy! How do you reload the OS? thanks!
    lol yeah me too i left it on there for a few months & couldnt take it anymore!! finally i had to do something and this thread is the thread i followed to update the os

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...2-194-a-24857/

so just copy & paste that URL in your search & it will bring the thread.. really not sure how to post the thread in my thread. i notice you have a 8320, there may be a thread for your curve, i will search and will let you know if i can find it!
    05-01-08 09:41 AM
    i once had the same problem with the 1 missed call thing and i didnt even drop it in a puddle.. what you should try b4 you re install your os is do a handheld wipe... go into options>security>general settings> and press menu and wipe handheld.
    05-01-08 09:41 AM
    Just do the Backup/Restore it WILL work.
    05-01-08 09:42 AM
    Hey Pete6, I did a backup/restore but the missed call icon still there. Did I do something wrong?
    05-01-08 11:10 AM
    Now that is WIERD. I have used this several times on several BBs and it has always worked. I am sorry but now you should try what other people have been saying. I was clearly wrong here.
    05-01-08 12:28 PM
    No worries man, I do appreciate your taking the time to reply and provide advice. I called the Tmo folks.... They suggested to do a wipe out and restore. I will give that a shot later during the day. It seems that it takes a while for the phone to be wiped out..... .
    05-01-08 12:34 PM
    One Missed Call that won't go away? I heard that movie wasn't too good so it's beyond me why it would haunt anyone this much!
    05-01-08 12:35 PM
    No worries man, I do appreciate your taking the time to reply and provide advice. I called the Tmo folks.... They suggested to do a wipe out and restore. I will give that a shot later during the day. It seems that it takes a while for the phone to be wiped out..... .
    The phone wipe takes a few seconds. Make SURE that you have a Backup of your most recent data before you do the wipe.
    05-01-08 12:52 PM
    It took a little over an hour, but it's corrected now. Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by AndyLopez; 05-01-08 at 04:33 PM.
    05-01-08 04:31 PM
    my blackberry did this exact thing and i didn't even drop it in water either...
    i have the ocd too that it started to drive me crazy lol mine has only been on for like a week though lol

so i did the entire wipe, which im honestly kind of disappointed that i had to do just to get rid of that

this phone isn't living up to my regular mobile functions at all i just want two simple things
    1. you can transfer you phone contacts to your sim (all at once)
    2. what is going on with the stupid call timers... why is it you can't get a break down of outgoing calls and not just a total, this is ridiculous it's such a BASIC feature am I missing something that I can't find it???

At this point I'm realising as cool as the push email is blah blah blah i liked my nokia E65 way more.. what got tiring was not having an enter button that's it!
    Last edited by katml; 05-03-08 at 09:05 AM.
    05-03-08 08:39 AM
    my blackberry did this exact thing and i didn't even drop it in water either...
    i have the ocd too that it started to drive me crazy lol mine has only been on for like a week though lol

so i did the entire wipe, which im honestly kind of disappointed that i had to do just to get rid of that

this phone isn't living up to my regular mobile functions at all i just want two simple things
    1. you can transfer you phone contacts to your sim (all at once)
    2. what is going on with the stupid call timers... why is it you can't get a break down of outgoing calls and not just a total, this is ridiculous it's such a BASIC feature am I missing something that I can't find it???

At this point I'm realising as cool as the push email is blah blah blah i liked my nokia E65 way more.. what got tiring was not having an enter button that's it!
    I agree w/ the sim card issue. such an easy option most phones have instead of doing it one by one.. its a pain and i always forget whenever i do the reinstall.. hopefully someday we will have that option
    05-06-08 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD