Alright. A couple months ago I came and posted about a problem I had with my Curve 8330 from Sprint. Someone called me, and I missed it and of course, the yellow little icon came up that showed I missed a call. Usually, I would go and clear the icon by acknowledging I missed a call. Well it never cleared, and stayed. No matter what I did the Missed Call icon didn't go away. I pulled the battery, I turned it off via software, I did a memory clean and nothing. I wound up wiping my phone and starting over. Huge Headache.

Today, it happened again. This missed call icon has been here for hours. Not going away. Right now, you may be wondering, "So, what's the question, you idiot?". My question is...

I'm going to wipe my damned phone, AGAIN, but this time, I'd like to try to update my OS from 4.2.0.127 to something newer. If for some crazy reason I mess up the install process, is there anyway I can brick my phone? Or if I don't like an updated OS, can I go back to my original Sprint OS?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.
    01-06-09 01:54 AM
    What are you settings in call log?
    01-06-09 05:16 AM
    What are you settings in call log?
    What do you mean "settings" in call log? I mean, I don't have my missed calls go to my Messages folder or anything.

Sorry.
    01-06-09 02:02 PM
    Send/Call button>BB btn>Options>Call logging
    01-06-09 02:04 PM
    I am having the same problem and do not wanna wipe my phone ... suggestions?
    01-06-09 04:41 PM
    Send/Call button>BB btn>Options>Call logging
    I have it set to "None". I tried, yesterday, the option of "Missed Calls". It instantly filled my messages with 47 call logs, I went and marked everything opened, and then went and changed the option back to "None". So I don't think doing anything for my stupid missed call icon.

Anything else I can try? I went to the Sprint Store, and those guys had no ideas either. This damn icon is starting to **** me off, real good.
    01-06-09 09:35 PM
    I had the problem too. I don't know if this will work, but it worked for me: highlight the missed call, press the menu button, click on view history.

Press end and see if it goes away (I hope so!)
    01-06-09 10:07 PM
    This issue comes up regularly on these forums. A quick search may help you find it, but in a nutshell, you can fix it through DM. You do not need to wipe your device to fix this problem.

Hook up your BB to DM. Once connected, go into "Backup and Restore", then click "Advanced". On the right side list (the "Device Databases"), scroll to Call Logs and click "Clear". Keep in mind that this will (as the name suggests) CLEAR your call logs. So if there is any information in there you need, back it up, write it down, or otherwise save it before you clear them.

You may need to reboot...I don't recall.
    01-06-09 10:23 PM
    This issue comes up regularly on these forums. A quick search may help you find it, but in a nutshell, you can fix it through DM. You do not need to wipe your device to fix this problem.

Hook up your BB to DM. Once connected, go into "Backup and Restore", then click "Advanced". On the right side list (the "Device Databases"), scroll to Call Logs and click "Clear". Keep in mind that this will (as the name suggests) CLEAR your call logs. So if there is any information in there you need, back it up, write it down, or otherwise save it before you clear them.

You may need to reboot...I don't recall.
    Sounds like a plan, except I don't see Call Logs in the Device Databases list. Otherwise that would probably do the trick.
    01-07-09 12:07 AM
    Sounds like a plan, except I don't see Call Logs in the Device Databases list. Otherwise that would probably do the trick.
    Try "Phone Call Logs".
    01-07-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD