Just today my 8320 decided it did not want to connect to UMA on my home router. I went a half a mile down the road to a restaurant with free WiFi and it worked just fine in the parking lot. I have TMobile in the USA. When I'm home, the WiFi light is lit, but the pink signal strength meter is replaced by the EDGE meter. Plenty of WiFi strength at home, it's worked fine for two weeks until now. When I go into diagnostics I get the dreaded w006.3 error code. Tech support wants me to wipe the phone but I believe the problem doesn't lie with the phone but with something else? I have reset my device multiple times, as well as the router and internet on my PC works just fine. Like I said, worked fine at the restaurant down the street. Anyone got any ideas?
    07-08-08 10:58 PM
    First thing, have you tried a battery pull?
    07-08-08 11:05 PM
    That's what I meant by device reset, the battery pull, so yes. Done that multiple times. Browser is set to WiFi browser setting. Works find down the street, but suddenly not at home
    07-08-08 11:46 PM
    Bump for answers!
    07-09-08 10:05 AM
    Have you gone into options>WiFi connections and Highlight the connection and click the menu button Then click the WiFi diagnostics and make sure all the address are mirrored to the router.
    07-09-08 10:22 AM
    For clarification... you do not have any WiFi connection at all while at home? OR no UMA?

If no WiFi at all... it may be easier to diagnose... no UMA is a little trickier!
    07-09-08 10:29 AM
    W006.1 - ISP network error.
    W006.2 - ISP network error.
    W006.3 - ISP network error.
    The BlackBerry smartphone cannot connect to the UMA service using a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet.

These message indicates there is a connection issue with your Internet Service Provider.

You have a good Wifi connection, but UMA can not establish a path home.

I would start by shutting down and restarting you home system, including the router.

With a bit of luck, after a restart you will reconnect with UMA.

If that fails, at least you can tell CS what steps you have been through.
    07-09-08 10:39 AM
    what kinda router do u have at home. i had an issue with my router where UMA did not work but i was connected to it just fine. found out it is something with my linksys VPN router seams all of a sudden phone phone stopped working with it. i did a firmware update, defaulted it still UMA does not work. i have a 2nd WRT54G that works fine. everything else works just fine on the VPN router(xbox,laptop) just not my phone. phone did work fine for about 6 months on the VPN router
    07-09-08 10:41 AM
    These message indicates there is a connection issue with your Internet Service Provider.

You have a good Wifi connection, but UMA can not establish a path home.

I would start by shutting down and restarting you home system, including the router.

With a bit of luck, after a restart you will reconnect with UMA.

If that fails, at least you can tell CS what steps you have been through.
    Stoner, i think any time the phone has trouble connecting to the router it will give ISP error. i had the same ISP error when in fact it was my router. i would say try another router and see if that changes anything. i have found linksys router on craigslist for under $20
    07-09-08 10:45 AM
    Stoner, where did you find the description of the UMA error codes? I always wondered....

As for the VPN router, what do your VPN settings on your device say in WiFi diagnostics?? I would assume they would be active for a VPN router (not sure because I have never done VPN on my Berry!)

Do you need to use VPN for a laptop and 360? What is the point? turn VPN off on your router...
    07-09-08 10:46 AM
    07-09-08 10:52 AM
    Stoner, where did you find the description of the UMA error codes? I always wondered....

As for the VPN router, what do your VPN settings on your device say in WiFi diagnostics?? I would assume they would be active for a VPN router (not sure because I have never done VPN on my Berry!)

Do you need to use VPN for a laptop and 360? What is the point? turn VPN off on your router...
    sorry i was not clear on the VPN. VPN was in no way for my phone i used a VPN tunnel for work. i had the VPN router set up for work long before getting the Curve and used UMA with the Nokia when it 1st came out. when i started have trouble i turn VPN off and also defaulted router to see if that changed anything then i tried a firmware update
    07-09-08 10:52 AM
    sorry i was not clear on the VPN. VPN was in no way for my phone i used a VPN tunnel for work. i had the VPN router set up for work long before getting the Curve and used UMA with the Nokia when it 1st came out. when i started have trouble i turn VPN off and also defaulted router to see if that changed anything then i tried a firmware update
    So once you reset your router back to factory defaults and re-configured it, did it end up getting things working again?
    07-09-08 10:55 AM
    So once you reset your router back to factory defaults and re-configured it, did it end up getting things working again?
    no still to this day i have both router hooked up and i can connect to the VPN but UMA does not work, also the VPN is flacky it will go down alot. i read the the model of linksys has issues with the VPN. i don't remember what the modem number is but it is the grey color router.
    07-09-08 11:00 AM
    I have a Dlink DGL-4300 gaming router that has worked flawlessly with my BB until yesterday. The BB connects to WiFi, but no UMA. My service is up and running, PC and Xbox work just fine. My BB had no problem connecting to hotspot at work via UMA so it's not the device. Just daisy chained my old Belkin 54G router and no joy there either.
    07-09-08 06:07 PM
    I am just askin.......but could the WiFi router be maxed with all the goo running through it? Shut some of the other stuff down........reset your phone....grab some beers and BURP...
    07-09-08 06:12 PM
    I am just askin.......but could the WiFi router be maxed with all the goo running through it? Shut some of the other stuff down........reset your phone....grab some beers and BURP...
    I really doubt it. I get almost 20Mbps downstream and about 1.7Mbps upstream. Voice calls(UMA) don't use much bandwidth at all and tech support at TMobile said I had more than enough bw for everything I have.
    07-09-08 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD