Need help to choose please. I�m looking at BB curve 8310, 8320 and 8330
    I don�t know which one would be better for me. I�m on Rogers.
    I won�t be on data plan until it gets cheaper. Right now I extended my plan for 3 years. I could get the 8310 curve as an upgrade from Rogers for $300 + taxes on this 3 year extension.
    05-02-08 10:14 PM
    Sounds like you need to do some more research on what it is you want and what you are looking at.

Those are all models of the Curve. The 8310 and 8320 are GSM flavors where the 8330 is a CDMA flavor, basically the same as the 8310 only for CDMA networks.
    05-02-08 10:19 PM
    As sunkast stated the 8330 is for telus and bell, so scratch that out if you are on rogers. Now do you need wifi if so then the 8320 is for you. Just need gps, than stick with the 8310. That's all to it. Good luck.
    05-02-08 10:30 PM
    3 year contract extension committment seems excessive AND you still are paying $300 for the phone...make sure you are getting the best deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 10:32 PM
    in canada that is the best deal... It sucks but thats what were stuck with
    05-02-08 11:21 PM
    anyways... 8310 will be 300 on a contract renewal

8320 is not offered by rogers yet so you will have to buy unlocked from ebay for around 450

8330 is only from telus or bell... but you could get one from telus forr 199 from bestbuy right now w/ a free 75 gift card and telus offers u/l email im and web for 30, 45 if you want u/l texting

those are your options.

or wait for a price drop from rogers as it should happen soon with new phone and plans coming... or possibly call the rogers retention line and see what they can do for you( the number is somewhere in the rogers thread)
    05-02-08 11:30 PM
    That's what I did last week, and switched from Fido (who has nothing) to Telus. Paid $199 for my Curve, and got the $45 plan with unlimited everything. Better to pay more now and not get any surprise charges later! If you could leave Rogers, then that would be your alternative.
    05-03-08 09:15 AM
    ... I�m on Rogers.
    I won�t be on data plan until it gets cheaper. Right now I extended my plan for 3 years. ....
    I feel your pain, at $10 Mb the cost of service are way out of line.

There is some good news, Rogers has committed to Wifi support in their annual report.

Rumors at this point have them offering a 8120 Pearl, but there have been sighting of Rogers Red Curves. I understand you can order one directly from BlackBerry now, locked to Rogers.

If you choose not to wait, you can buy a locked 8320 and use it with Wifi only. The only application that works is Browser. A Wifi Browser is reason enough to buy a Curve 8320.
    05-03-08 10:38 AM
    He is right BlackBerrys, are very expensive up here.
    Even though RIM's main location, and NOC's are 20 minutes up the road from me in Waterloo....

But i guess its not RIM's fault..
    05-03-08 10:43 AM
    But i guess its not RIM's fault..

After reporting record revenues of $10 billion and record profits of $3 billion in 2007, Rogers said today that revenues climbed 14% while operating profits increased a staggering 37% in the first quarter of 2008.

RIM is not the problem.
    Last edited by Stoner; 05-03-08 at 02:00 PM.
    05-03-08 10:49 AM
    Thanks for the input guys!

I talked to Rogers dealer about 8330. He said that it's almost the same as 8310 but its CDMA like u guys said, which is faster than EDGE, has more memory and has video recording capability (dealer said that new updated OS would have that) which sometimes would be beneficial to use. 8320 I don't think i'll be browsing or downloading from internet that much ( maybe a few times a month), but then again wifi would be a nice feature to have instead conecting wire to download anything. More often i'll look at emails. I also wonder if it's worth it to invest extra $ for router if u can only use wifi if ur very close to router.

This is the 3 year plan that I will commit to ( have 4 days to decide )

250 any time min, unlimited weeknights ( start 5:00 pm) & weekends
    or I can change the above to a 1000 any time min
    125 txt messages
    Voice mail
    Call display
    Name display
    All for $28.00 a month + all other regular monthly charges
    I hope this is a good plan. What do u think?
    05-03-08 05:30 PM
    I think you will get different input from everyone. They need to keep in mind Canadian carriers only, and in your case Rogers. Have you checked their plans online, are there any promotions?

It all depends on what you do with the phone. If that $28 plan is enough for your needs, it's a good deal. You can go through all that retention stuff and call this & that person, but the end $$$ is what you are happy with.

I was with Fido for so, so many years. But their plans never changed much and my needs changed. Rogers bought them, and that was the nail in the coffin. I don't think Rogers will allow Fido to eat into their market and keep Fido around for basic users. All the good stuff is on Rogers.

Telus had a promo on and offered everything I wanted for the cost of Fido. I have double and more compared to my old Fido bill. End of the day, if you have to stay with Rogers, get a plan that suits your budget. Just view their site for any promos or call/visit a kiosk. Good luck dude.
    05-03-08 06:46 PM
    Don't waste money on a curve until you get a data plan. The BB is all about the data. But my vote would be for the 8320.

05-03-08 07:05 PM
    Don't waste money on a curve until you get a data plan. The BB is all about the data. But my vote would be for the 8320.

Exactly!!!
    05-03-08 07:18 PM
    exactly... whats the point of getting a BB if you dont plan on using it?

at least get the email/ im $15 add on until their data rates drop
    05-03-08 07:27 PM
    I would go with the 8320 as it has Wifi. If you need GPS, you can buy a puck cheap on ebay. You will then have the best of both worlds.

05-03-08 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD