View Poll Results: Dump the Curve for new Blackberry?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 49.43%
  • No

44 50.57%
    How many of you current Curve users are gonna upgrade immediately, and dump your beloved Curve?
    08-08-08 09:07 PM
    I am going to wait for a bit to see whats is up with the options to be released. There are always those that will get the new toys right away. I will let them test it out first. Right now the curve for me is working.
    08-08-08 09:10 PM
    I voted yes. I will never give up the Pearl, but by the time
    I am eligible for an upgrade there will be enough feedback
    to help make a decision. At which point the Curve is history
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-08-08 at 09:35 PM.
    08-08-08 09:27 PM
    I have a pearl and I am waiting till Oct for upgrade, then I am getting the red curve. Yeah other blackberries are coming out but I want a taste of the Curve!
    08-08-08 09:27 PM
    Man...what a tough question. I have my Curve for at least another year which I am completly happy with. In about a year I can upgrade again. I am with Alltel which will become Verizon. For me it is between the Javelin(if a CDMA version is released) and Thunder/Storm. The Javelin is very similar to the Curve with a good looking keyboard with spaces(which I like). The Thunder is a touch screen which is reasom enough to try it out. I will decide when the time comes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 09:29 PM
    I'll probably do the Thunder/Storm/Name du Jour...but I big red puffy heart my Curve in the meantime.
    08-08-08 09:41 PM
    I've got 2 years before I can upgrade... However I see no reason to upgrade, I am excedingly happy with my curve. But I guess it all depends upon the options of the new bbs, they would have to be stunning.

08-08-08 09:42 PM
    I LOVE my Curve, but i will be willing to upgrade after the new ones come out and they have some feedback.
    08-08-08 09:57 PM
    I am very happy with my Curve and have two years to wait until I can get another without paying a small fortune, but after the two years I will be a lookin'.
    08-08-08 10:28 PM
    Hey! i guess that would be the ? once 1 of them comes out. If they do, but its just taking so long and im not feeling that
    08-08-08 10:42 PM
    Well I still have a year and a couple months on my contract so I will wait until thats over with. As soon as my contracts over I will absolutely be sporting the javelin right away. Or maybe ill just break the contract and pick it up idk it a while away i can wait .
    08-08-08 10:46 PM
    If the new one(s) released by TMo aren't 3g, what's the point of upgrading right away? I have my Curve optimized memory wise, I have the apps I want (for now), and it's a pretty fun and stable little unit. I'm pretty sure I can wait for just the right device. I am satisfied with my Curve and I like using it. Of course I'm not really the type of person who falls in love with machines (cars and bikes excepted . I want to learn as much as I can and make my mistakes on my Curve.

08-08-08 10:52 PM
    I have a Pearl and it will be dumped, not because I want to, but because it is running out of stamina and has constant "SoS" errors. Yes, the hundreds of drops has not helped. It's to the point where it drops and the battery cover flies off. (Even small drops.)
    08-08-08 11:30 PM
    I voted no.
    First off I don't have the $300+ to drop for the Bold as soon as it comes out.
    Second, I'd rather wait and let you guinea pigs test it out and find the bugs.
    I believe I'll wait till next year for an upgrade to the Bold.

And I do love my Curve ever so much.
    If only I could have the official 4.5 OS...
    08-08-08 11:42 PM
    Tough one since I love my curve,that Javelin is looking mighty nice though......

08-08-08 11:46 PM
    Thats a tough one, I think maybe next year ill upgrade, like Feb.
    We'll see what happens tho, as I'm still learning the ins and outs of my Curve.
    08-09-08 12:07 AM
    the results are almost even in the poll. I personally am gonna wait, though if the verizon thunder is rumored to have wifi and touchscreen, that may make me decide otherwise. I dont want to spend another 300-400 dollars on a new toy though lol.
    08-09-08 12:35 PM
    always gotta have the latest and greatest!!!
    08-09-08 12:37 PM
    for those that are gonna upgrade, what are u gonna do with your curve? with the carriers dropping prices on new curves to 100 dollars or less for most customers, if u try to sell, u arent gonna get much
    08-09-08 02:42 PM
    I am going to wait for a bit before I get the Bold. I want to see what other people are saying about it first. On top of that, I am loving my Curve right now.

for those that are gonna upgrade, what are u gonna do with your curve? with the carriers dropping prices on new curves to 100 dollars or less for most customers, if u try to sell, u arent gonna get much
    For me, I will do one of 2 things. Keep it for a backup or unlock it and give it to my youngest sister. She is on T-Mobile and wants a Curve bad, but isn't due for an upgrade for a while. By the time I buy a Bold, the Curve won't be worth selling.
    08-09-08 03:12 PM
    I said no mainly b/c as of right now I have about 1 yr 10 months til my upgrade. I also wanna see what others think of new BBs b4 I dive in. But who knows, it may be 2yrs till a new BB comes out....who knows....
    08-09-08 03:31 PM
    lol I think Im gonna hold on to the curve for a lil while. I never like to be the first to get the first batch of new technology. I have a few iphone friends that did that...and werent happy lol
    08-09-08 06:45 PM
    I don't know yet. I'm going to have to see the Bold and "feel" it for myself first. I can't upgrade until next year, but hubby is out of contract right now and he isn't interested in phones period. He is still using a Samsung 427 ! If I get one, it will be on his contract.
    08-09-08 07:46 PM
    Definitely keeping it as a back up.
    08-09-08 08:09 PM
    Curve will immediately go in the closet and probably never be touched again I always have to have the latest electronics regardless of the bugs, lol.
    08-13-08 06:59 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD