I have tried and tried extremely hard to get bbmaps on my 8310 curve and i have gotten so close to success that i can almost see my gps location in my mind...BUT now i am getting an error messege!

If you would PLEASE look at this link and scroll down to Luvmybb's post with the steps to get bbmaps and tell me what i may be doing wrong to get this:

"Error starting
    net_rim_bb_lbs: Module
    'Net_rim_bb_lbs_api' not found."

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/fin...maps-t-117957/
    03-21-09 03:15 AM
    Couple of things you can try

1. Battery reset

2. Go to options>advanced options>applications, highlight the BBMAPs application>menu>edit permissions and change them all to allow.

3. Remove and reinstall BBMAPs
    03-21-09 08:11 AM
    I could be wrong on this but I think I read somewhere that BB Maps on ATT in version 4.5 was disabled.

Julian
    03-21-09 10:18 AM
    I could be wrong on this but I think I read somewhere that BB Maps on ATT in version 4.5 was disabled.

Julian
    If this is the case, it too funny, VZW use to do that so you would use VZNAV, they unlocked for BBMAPs. What a world we live in.
    03-21-09 10:51 AM
    I have AT&T and have BBMaps. I just forgot how I got it. I know I downloaded it and used DM to load it to my BB
    03-21-09 11:49 AM
    go to BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com from your pc and download it to dm.
    03-21-09 01:27 PM
    i had to download bb maps from teh blackberry web site. copy all the java files from the zip file into the java folder for your device. place the .alx file just outside that folder. that was my mistake and it took forever to fig out. it worked fine after that
    03-21-09 02:17 PM
    go to BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com from your pc and download it to dm.
    i tried that but it wont let me do it from my comp. it says i have to do it from my phone but then that wont work cause ATT wont let me get there.
    03-21-09 03:22 PM
    i tried that but it wont let me do it from my comp. it says i have to do it from my phone but then that wont work cause ATT wont let me get there.
    maybe try moblile.blackberry.com/maps??? im not near my berry, or i would try first.
    03-21-09 03:33 PM
    I also have OS 4.5. When I try to do a reinstall it won't allow me to do it from the BB Maps website. It says the installation is only for v4.1 and v4.2.x. This is crazy because it was once on my BB. Why can't I reinstall it??
    03-23-09 07:31 PM
    Did you look in the Application Loader in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software on your computer?
    03-23-09 07:40 PM
    No I haven't, Motorcycle Mama. I will try that.

I am a newbie. This is my first BB and I have had it a little over a month now so I am still learning. Thanks again! If I can't find it, I'll be back.
    03-23-09 07:45 PM
    bfalco126:

I am the OP on the link you posted. I'm not savvy enough to get you any further than my original post, but I do have some advice for you.

I would definitely recommend downloading and using Nav4All and forgetting about BBMaps. You can find it here: Worldwide Mobile Phone Navigation and Tracking & Tracing - Nav4All

It is SO much better than BBMaps and includes VOICE turn by turn directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road.

I understand your desire to get BBMaps working if for no other reason to stick it to ATT, but it's really not worth your time or mental effort.

Nav4All is free until next January and works worldwide. I highly recommend it. The user interface isn't as friendly as some gps programs I've used, but after playing with it for a while, you should be fine.

Good luck.
    03-23-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD