I've looked through the other threads but didn't see one with the exact problems as mine after going through the wash (and dryer), so I'm hoping somebody may know the answer.

The good news is that it still turns on, has the ability to receive and make calls, and still has data capabilities.

The bad news is that the light at the upper right part of the phone stays lit no matter what...other than flashing when a new Email or message is received like it should.

The other issue is that the screen has some dark spots on it...not dark enough to where I cannot read it, but light gray and enough to be annoying.

Is this possibly because there's still water under the screen that needs to be dried out??

I'm thinking of putting it back in a jean pocket and putting it back in the dryer, as I have read that it is a possible fix if a phone still has some water in it.

I will say that I'm picky enough to go buy a new one if the light and screen darkening issues do not get better...I don't know about you all, but I like the phone to work near perfectly.
    03-07-10 09:15 PM
    Been there and done that!

At least yours will power up and call...mine was completely toast! Hair dryer might be the better way to go....then you could always put it in a container of rice to draw out moisture (I think the jury is still out on whether that is really effective).... but I'm with you...who wouldn't want their phone to work perfectly. Upgrade anytime soon?
    03-07-10 09:34 PM
    Stop using it immediately, take out the battery and put the device in the bag of rice. Its only getting worse if you don't dry it out completely. And yes, there's a possibility that water is still under the screen that's causing the dark spots but there's also a possibility that water has already permanently damaged the lcd when it was in the washer. So stick your Curve in the bag of rice for a minimum of 4 days and see if it works. Good luck!
    03-07-10 09:37 PM
    Been there and done that!

At least yours will power up and call...mine was completely toast! Hair dryer might be the better way to go....then you could always put it in a container of rice to draw out moisture (I think the jury is still out on whether that is really effective).... but I'm with you...who wouldn't want their phone to work perfectly. Upgrade anytime soon?
    Ahhhh I wish it was upgrade time....I've only had it 3 months on a 2 year contract!!

If I have to buy another one, I may go to Craigslist...seems there's a lot of options on there.
    03-07-10 09:49 PM
    good luck....next time (hopefully never:P) try and wait a few days before powering it up and def try the rice thingy!!!oh and be careful for anything on cl....the marketplace on cb might be a better choice>cheers!
    03-08-10 09:05 AM
    yeah, the rice trick works. My buddy dropped is curve in a toilet and he immediately pulled the battery and put it all in a bag of rice for 24 hours. His phone works fine now. Although there is still a piece of rice inside the phone somewhere that rattles around....

If you do buy another phone, try ebay or the marketplace here on CB. I got my 8330 on ebay for 95 bucks. Also, there are sites where you can buy new lcd screens for your phone. There are all kinds of videos on youtube showing how to take it apart....
    03-08-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD