Okay, so here is the deal. I have a 8320 from T-mobile. I had a problem with the USB port on the phone, but as most of you know, I have been charging it with the dock charger. Well yesterday, I ran into a slight problem. My phone was on the white reset screen when I woke up. Well I have tried everything that I know to get the screen to go away. It states on it app error reset. The last time this happened I had to connect my phone to the DM. Well at this time I cannot complete that. Sooo what I was wondering is if anyone might know of a way to either repair the USB port, OR, fix the white reset screen?? I have found and used this website in the past to order parts from and I see that they have one on there, however, I was told the the USB port is soddered(?) on there. Can anyone suggest something..... here is the website link BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 OEM USB port- Motorola, Microsoft, BenQ-Siemens, BlackBerry, 3G, Accessories Store, LG, Acer,
    01-13-09 04:18 PM
    Yes it is soldered on the board. From what I understand its not an easy fix. You could check out bbrepairshop.com they do fix usb ports.
    BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices
    01-13-09 05:36 PM
    Id just forget it, go to craigslist, get a gently used one, when did you last do a back up?
    01-13-09 05:39 PM
    I would try Ebay over Craigslist, unless of course your into receiving stolen property. If the Craigslist post says "I don't have the box" or "Phone Only" it is stolen.

You want a receipt!!!!
    01-13-09 05:42 PM
    You will find the USB connection is soldered to the board. Either you will need to be skilled with electronics repair or know/pay someone who is. It shouldn't be a big deal, but unskilled hands with a soldering iron can lead to permanently destroyed toys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 05:48 PM
    I would try Ebay over Craigslist, unless of course your into receiving stolen property. If the Craigslist post says "I don't have the box" or "Phone Only" it is stolen.

You want a receipt!!!!
    Cuz ebay never sells them either? LOL

All the OP has to do, is get the IMEI and pin and see if it has been blacklisted.
    01-13-09 05:48 PM
    Thanks for all of the great advice, to answer some of the posts, I am not going to even attempt the repair myself, I am going to look into getting it fixed. Also I have not completed a back up for sometime because I am/was not able to connect it, but at this point I am willing to lose everything and start over just so that I can have my berry back. I am going through some withdrawls at the moment but hopefully in time I will have it back in my hands once more...LOL But thanks for everything!!!!
    01-14-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD