I am a bit stubborn about solving my LED issues. I have the BB Curve 8320 for TMobile. I did a little digging on my own and talking to TMobile:

Here is what I think (long):

* the BB Pearl continues to flash until every message is read
    * the BB Curve flashes only until the trackball or a key is pressed the first time - no matter how many messages you have
    * Don't ask me why + see if you agree, if you have either or both models
    * I am trying out a 3rd party app called BB Alerts. Still, the light goes off if one key is hit
    * If you find anything to refute this -- the Curve should blink *until all messages* are read, pls let me know

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-08 07:53 PM
    Hmm, my 8310 will blink untill I have checked all the msgs. And I do not have bbalerts. Hope that helps. What OS are you running, that might be a reason.
    03-31-08 07:56 PM
    Isn't 8310 the Pearl? If so, I think we are agreeing that the Pearl does this *sans* any 3rd party app. Do you indeed have the Pearl?

03-31-08 08:02 PM
    Isn't 8310 the Pearl? If so, I think we are agreeing that the Pearl does this *sans* any 3rd party app. Do you indeed have the Pearl?

No 8310 is the Curve 8130 is the Pearl.
    03-31-08 08:03 PM
    Whoops!! My bad! 8310 is ATT Curve! So, what version of OS do you have? Maybe I should upgrade! I have OS 4.2.2.17-ish

03-31-08 08:10 PM
    Your info says you are using a Curve but I am using a Pearl and I am using the Verizon Pearl OS 4.3.0.97
    03-31-08 08:11 PM
    Thanks Ray. I am also wondering what CrackVegas is using since he is also on the Curve?

03-31-08 08:28 PM
    In the Curve section there should be a thread at the top with the proper OS for your carrier.
    03-31-08 08:34 PM
    I have the 8320 and the LED will flash til I read all messages. I have os 4.2.2.184
    03-31-08 08:50 PM
    I am a bit stubborn about solving my LED issues. I have the BB Curve 8320 for TMobile. I did a little digging on my own and talking to TMobile:

Here is what I think (long):

* the BB Pearl continues to flash until every message is read
    * the BB Curve flashes only until the trackball or a key is pressed the first time - no matter how many messages you have
    * Don't ask me why + see if you agree, if you have either or both models
    * I am trying out a 3rd party app called BB Alerts. Still, the light goes off if one key is hit
    * If you find anything to refute this -- the Curve should blink *until all messages* are read, pls let me know

Thanks!

I have an AT&T 8310 Curve. My red LED flashes when I get a new message. It will stop flashing after 5-10 min if I do not touch it. It will continue flashing until I open up my email app and then it stops. I can have many unread messages without any further blinking LED.
    03-31-08 09:25 PM
    The sticky says OS v.2.2.184, but BlackBerry themselves (I am on hold with them now!) are telling me OS v.2.2.180 is the latest. Wha?

03-31-08 09:40 PM
    I use BB alerts, and it flashes (color of my choice -purple) with audible alerts every 3 minutes until I open the messenger, then it stops flashing and alerting
    03-31-08 10:59 PM
    My LED will blink Red with a new message until I read the "newest" message. If I read all the messages in it except the new one, it will blink red. If I read the "new" message first then it will start to blink green.

Also, (as mentioned above), if I do nothing to it after 20-30 minutes it will stop blinking red and turn green.

I hope this helps

msblueline
    03-31-08 11:35 PM
    I have a T-Mobile 8320 Curve. My LED blinks red until I check my messages. For the longest time I did not even realize there was a purpose behind the blinking. As If!

Anyhow, the idea of that blackberry alerts app sounds pretty cool. Where might I find it?

07-19-09 07:50 AM
    Hmm I never knew that it stops blinking after awhile.

07-19-09 10:02 AM
    I am also LOST. I am a new Tour and it seems like the red light stops blinking, even if there is a message waiting for me, on it's own after awhile. Does anyone know what the deal is?
    07-19-09 11:04 AM
    i have a curve and it also still blinks even if i had more messages that need to be read
    07-19-09 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD