Researched alot of ideas from here regarding paint and trackball coloring so I had to do it... I murdered my vzw curve! Thanks for the fantastic write ups all.

01-13-09 02:28 AM
    That looks awesome.. Now I gotta start OJ'ing mine.. watch out for a soon to come bricked berry post
    01-13-09 02:39 AM
    Nice,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-13-09 02:39 AM
    Glad you like it. It is however far too "static" for my tastes.
    "Murdered" to me looks like no character.

And by the bye, it is SIMPSON
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-13-09 at 02:43 AM.
    01-13-09 02:41 AM
    LOL OJ'ed...

It looks awesome! The only thing I would of done differently would be taping out the chrome backpiece camera part so that it would be chrom after the painting.
    01-13-09 02:42 AM
    So did you use a sharpee or what?
    01-13-09 02:43 AM
    it is plain but an aggressive plain. Plus i was getting tired of the standard silver/black vzw color schemes. If/when i get bored of this i'll try a midnight blue w/ a blue trackball.
    01-13-09 02:47 AM
    Looks great! Where did you get the theme? Did you have to upgrade your OS?
    01-13-09 02:50 AM
    I used 3 coats of flat black spray paint from the hobby shop. Regarding the chrome backpiece, i originally had it taped, but some paint had leaked through there, tried wiping it off and ended up smearing. From there there was nothing for me to do except sand that down and spray over. I should have used better tape! I personally like that chrome part as well.
    01-13-09 02:51 AM
    Looks great! Where did you get the theme? Did you have to upgrade your OS?
    Just run a search for bold theme and you will find an OTA there. Yes, the OS is 4.5.
    01-13-09 02:53 AM
    I used 3 coats of flat black spray paint from the hobby shop. Regarding the chrome backpiece, i originally had it taped, but some paint had leaked through there, tried wiping it off and ended up smearing. From there there was nothing for me to do except sand that down and spray over. I should have used better tape! I personally like that chrome part as well.
    For those that are going to attempt this, such as me, I've been reading the threads that people post about doing this themselves and a couple things that I've learned that aren't noted in every thread:

1. Lightly sand all surfaces to be painted.
    2. Make sure the backpiece is taped well with thick tape so there's no leaking
    3. Make sure the paint is for plastics (probably what the OP used since it was purchased at a hobby shop.
    4. Use multiple thin coats of paint with sufficient drying time in between
    5. Use a couple thin coats of clear coat if you want glossy.
    01-13-09 03:43 AM
    Looks good. Lol at your title

01-13-09 04:58 AM
    Lol I wouldn't paint it, I would rather try my luck with a new housing. Speaking of which is there like a tutorial or a forum explaining how to change housings and trackballs? Also how do we change the light of our trackballs like the original poster did. Thanks for all the help guys.

01-13-09 08:35 AM
    LOL OJ'ed...

It looks awesome! The only thing I would of done differently would be taping out the chrome backpiece camera part so that it would be chrom after the painting.
    what does the chrome piece actually do if anything besides appearance
    01-13-09 08:38 AM
    It acts as a mirror for taking pictures, self portraits.
    01-13-09 08:42 AM

Its a mirror for taking photos of yourself
    01-13-09 08:43 AM
    For those that are going to attempt this, such as me, I've been reading the threads that people post about doing this themselves and a couple things that I've learned that aren't noted in every thread:

1. Lightly sand all surfaces to be painted.
    2. Make sure the backpiece is taped well with thick tape so there's no leaking
    3. Make sure the paint is for plastics (probably what the OP used since it was purchased at a hobby shop.
    4. Use multiple thin coats of paint with sufficient drying time in between
    5. Use a couple thin coats of clear coat if you want glossy.
    yes you definitely want to use 1000 grit sandpaper
    01-13-09 01:02 PM
    Lol I wouldn't paint it, I would rather try my luck with a new housing. Speaking of which is there like a tutorial or a forum explaining how to change housings and trackballs? Also how do we change the light of our trackballs like the original poster did. Thanks for all the help guys.

remove the trackball and place into Rit dye. They have different colors at the grocery store. i know theres a way of removing the ball from the square holster, but i didnt want to lose any parts. Plus i heard its really difficult getting the thing back together. So i dipped the entire holster into a mixture of 40% dye 60 water. Take it out after dipping and let it dry, then dip it in, etc until you get the darkness you want, hope this helps.
    01-13-09 01:08 PM
    That looks bad ***!!! Good look.
    01-13-09 01:15 PM
    Looks great!
    01-13-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD