Howdy,

I am new to Crackberry - great forum!. Up to now used a BB Vodafone (A1 Austria) 8700v (very reliable), and last week bought a Curve with T-Mobile.

Sad to say, that I have no luck with the 8300 up to now, it is has been a horror up to now. First day of use after one hour or so, it startet to reboot quite a lot while I was using different applications. Regardless: Reading emails, ghost-reboot. Looking into the calendar - reboot. Standard "procedure" to have the Curve ghost-rebooted now is just to call my mobile box. if I make it over 20 sec without ghost-rebooting, I am happy. Standard Phonecalls are not possible, it will just reboot once in a while. One Morning I called a client, and it rebooted 4 times, nearly lost that business.

Web browser? Ghost-Reboot. Media Player? May work, or not. Mostly a reboot will happen while playing songs.

I upgraded the device to the latest device firmware (for TMO it's 8300_4[1].2.2_rel188_.exe), didn't help. I then removed all apps. Reinstalled, didn't help.

What seems is that the frequency it reboots, has increased.

I also tried use without MicroSD card, another battery (of the 8700v), no matter.

Anyone else having Curve ghost-reboot problems under workload?

TMO promised a replacment, but it will take about a week, as they are sold out here.

Thank god, I still have the 8700v. It is solid as a rock. Some of my friends have Pearls, no problems there so far.

Cheers,
    Christoph

PS: Other than all that rebooting horror, the Curve is really nice!
    06-21-07 07:18 PM
    Yea, I made a thread explaining the same issue. I suggest a swap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-07 08:31 AM
    Yep, sounds like you just got a bad apple. Swap it out, and hopefully the next one will work for you.
    06-22-07 10:01 AM
    Hi,

just got a call from the shop, and I got the new one. the old curve was "made in hungaria", the new one is too.

they let me take the old one back home, to swap data (because they don't know how to do it, they said . I'll give the new one some work the next days and let you know what happens.

but it looks good now. Immediately noticeable is, that the old one had a slight "green" tone on the display in comparison to the new Curve's display.

cheers
    Christoph
    Last edited by vertrider; 06-22-07 at 10:35 AM.
    06-22-07 10:21 AM
    ... without any problems.

cheers
    christoph
    06-24-07 02:53 PM
    Glad to hear it!
    06-24-07 03:51 PM
    However mine is still rebooting. I wouldnt mind if it kept all stuff on there, but i lose all EMAILS, SMS and CALL LOGS.

Might try new OS before swapping...
    06-25-07 04:58 AM
    Well what did you do to break your's Tmag???????
    06-25-07 09:35 AM
    Got it from O2
    06-25-07 01:48 PM
    Well luckily (knock on wood) mine has been working great!
    06-25-07 02:08 PM
    So has mine! Well, it did require me to have one single swap but I've been a happy crackberry user ever since the swap. No single reboots at all!
    06-25-07 03:09 PM
    Praying for no reboots here as well, had first handset 10 days (multiple reboots every call), received replacement only today.
    07-20-07 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD