Hi,

I am SOO addicted to my BB Curve. I have a silicone case on it but did drop it a few times. Everything is fine except for the camera. It looks (when looking at the screen/viewfinder) like everything is a negative. It still takes photos but what you see and what you get is not colored correctly. (sorry, hard to explain)

Are there places out there that can fix this part of my camera? If so..how much would this cost?

Do I have to get a new BB or is it worth it?

Please stick this post in the right forum if it is in the wrong one...

Courtney
    06-24-08 04:53 PM
    Do you have insurance on your phone?
    06-24-08 05:02 PM
    Do you have insurance on your phone?
    I second that.
    06-24-08 05:12 PM
    Two ways to go here.

1). do a Google search for 'Blackberry hardware repair'
    2). Go to the AT&T store and get a refurb phone for $99.

Option 2). may well be the cheapest option.
    06-24-08 05:12 PM
    Have you checked the settings in camera options and make sure its on normal? Maybe it got changed accidentally.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 05:20 PM
    Hi,

Unfortuntly Cingular, ATT wouldn't let me get insurance on this phone. I have always had it on my other phones.. but for some reason, they do not allow you on BB's. ???

I guess I can get one on ebay as well..

If I cannot get it fixed, are there any new BB curves out there that I should wait for? new model?

wbs and thank you,

Courtney
    06-24-08 05:21 PM
    It would be "color effect"

06-24-08 05:22 PM
    Yes that sounds right, the color effect is off.

Now that I think about it, there have been some other issues with my BB. All of a sudden it erased all of my photos and music on my memory card. (I didn't even drop it, just turned it on) Now my BB says the card is not formatted and gives me a warning message. I'm not sure how that happened. I have had my BB for a year...thought they lasted longer than that! So there are other issues I have with it. One time all of my recent calls just disappeared as well.

hmm
    06-24-08 05:30 PM
    Did you check the color effect option yet? The issue with erasing calls could be low memory. What is your free memory at?

06-24-08 05:32 PM
    I checked the color effect. Didn't work. I changed it to 'black and white' and to 'normal'..it stayed the same.
    06-24-08 05:35 PM
    Hmmm...maybe time for a new one. Sorry I couldn't help.

06-24-08 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD