Prime Day Deals:FireTV Stick $15 | Echo Dot $23
01-04-10 09:13 PM
41 12
tools
    I just opened DM and nothing popped up. I went to app loader to update applications. The only thing it said was "update core 5.0 applications" but I already have the leaked 5.0 os so I don't think that means anything.
    01-03-10 07:47 PM
    I just opened DM and nothing popped up. I went to app loader to update applications. The only thing it said was "update core 5.0 applications" but I already have the leaked 5.0 os so I don't think that means anything.
    Thats what it said for me too. I followed the prompts and I ended up with the new OS
    01-03-10 07:52 PM
    Thats what it said for me too. I followed the prompts and I ended up with the new OS

What os were running before?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 08:36 PM
    I did get an update notification connecting to DM, but it says to update 4.5.
    8330m on Sprint.
    01-03-10 09:02 PM
    Nothing for me... my 8330 running the leaked 5.0 still prompts me to downgrade to 4.5 when I start DM. My wife's 8330m doesn't show any updates, of course.
    It will always try to get you on the ltest OFFICIAL release from sprint.You probably have the 4.5 on your pc or you are connect to net when connecting to desktop... 8330 user the 5.0 is not release for us yet the poster has a tour... a good sign but not here yet. If you guys (not8330m) want the hybrid 5.0 check out my sig...
    01-03-10 09:14 PM
    To the OP.

Had you played around at all with the leaked versions?
    I had before, and upon the latest update to DM (about 3 weeks ago for me) the DM found the leaked OS, deemed it official and recommended I upgrade to it.
    I did, however it was the same old buggy .230 (or is it .320?) that the 'leak' is.

I deleted it and DM never suggested an update again.
    01-03-10 09:18 PM
    It will always try to get you on the ltest OFFICIAL release from sprint.You probably have the 4.5 on your pc or you are connect to net when connecting to desktop... 8330 user the 5.0 is not release for us yet the poster has a tour... a good sign but not here yet. If you guys (not8330m) want the hybrid 5.0 check out my sig...
    Did you read the 1st post where he said he plugged in a Curve and it installed 5.0? I'm guessing he also has the leaked OS5.0 on that computer, which would explain why App Loader wanted to install it.

I kinda figured the official version wasn't out yet, since App Loader didn't find any updates to the leaked version when I try it on my phone.
    01-03-10 09:19 PM
    I call shenanigans.
    Multiple sprint users here with 8330/m don't have it come up.
    01-03-10 09:31 PM
    I call shenanigans.
    Multiple sprint users here with 8330/m don't have it come up.
    Well, a little research would have shown to you that no one has had even a leaked version work on the 'm' model as of yet.
    But, I do believe it's a mistake, and happened as I posted a few up from here.
    01-03-10 09:35 PM
    Well, a little research would have shown to you that no one has had even a leaked version work on the 'm' model as of yet.
    But, I do believe it's a mistake, and happened as I posted a few up from here.
    What other curve is he talking about for 5.0..
    The cutoff is the 8330 which is on Sprint/Verizon.
    There's already someone here with an 8330 on Sprint that reported no updated.
    I have an 8330m with no update either.
    Just because there's no leaked "m" version yet doesn't mean Sprint couldn't have released both versions at the same time.
    01-03-10 09:39 PM
    Not a sprint customer so I can not double check, but here is the link showing the available software download from Blackberry to Sprint customers.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BF6B7F35.node2

Sorry, When you get to the link use the scroll down and enter the 8330 and see what is available.
    Last edited by Zach7; 01-03-10 at 09:47 PM. Reason: update
    01-03-10 09:46 PM
    Did you read the 1st post where he said he plugged in a Curve and it installed 5.0? I'm guessing he also has the leaked OS5.0 on that computer, which would explain why App Loader wanted to install it.

I kinda figured the official version wasn't out yet, since App Loader didn't find any updates to the leaked version when I try it on my phone.
    Yep read his 1st post but noticed he has a 9630 tour for his device in info...went to blackberry.com os by carrier and the tour has 4.7 as the latest and 8330 and 8330m have the 4.5.0.175 as the latest. Just tried my wirless update and none are available. When I got the device it was on .131and did the wireless to.175.

Not sure what he has gotten 5.0 messenger? 5.0 desktop? or the 5.0 os..he says he has threaded sms so maybe he does but I don't see it for the curves...
    01-03-10 10:05 PM
    To the OP.

Had you played around at all with the leaked versions?
    I had before, and upon the latest update to DM (about 3 weeks ago for me) the DM found the leaked OS, deemed it official and recommended I upgrade to it.
    I did, however it was the same old buggy .230 (or is it .320?) that the 'leak' is.

I deleted it and DM never suggested an update again.
    That is EXCACTLY what happend. I never played around with leaked versions before but I went over to my Uncle's house to wipe contacts because I may have the phone sold. and he had the leaked version on his old BB 8330. Forwhatever reason when he plugged in my wife's curve on his computer that upgrade popped up through Desktop manager. Needless to say I figured out that it was the leaked version after I already posted the thread. My Bad sorry for the confusion BUT I really thought DM would not recognize a leaked version as a upgrade.
    01-03-10 10:38 PM
    That is EXCACTLY what happend. I never played around with leaked versions before but I went over to my Uncle's house to wipe contacts because I may have the phone sold. and he had the leaked version on his old BB 8330. Forwhatever reason when he plugged in my wife's curve on his computer that upgrade popped up through Desktop manager. Needless to say I figured out that it was the leaked version after I already posted the thread. My Bad sorry for the confusion BUT I really thought DM would not recognize a leaked version as a upgrade.
    It threw me for a loop too. When it happened to me as it finished it even pointed me to a rim website explaining why certain programs had to be reinstalled after an upgrade to 5.0.
    Ah well, fun while it lasted eh?
    01-04-10 04:57 AM
    Just tried for my 8330 (VZW) and nothing.
    01-04-10 07:55 PM
    Just tried for my 8330 (VZW) and nothing.
    Read the posts above yours. This whole thread was a false alarm.
    01-04-10 09:13 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD