Hey everyone I found out yesterday morning that Orange service in the UK officially released 4.5.0.52 OS for blackberry curve 8320. So i did some researching and got the direct link from the blackberry website.
    (me being a noob i cannot post the link so pm me for it if you wish)

This is the second OS other than the 4.2 release from TMo that i have installed. The first OS upgrade was the beta .46 and i had numerous problems and was forced to downgrade to 4.2(mainly UMA issues). So when i upgraded i was pretty skeptical about how they new release handled the problems. took all the necessary steps to upgrade and everything ran smoothly and so far i have been problem free with this release! As far as the biggest problem i had (UMA) the new OS has taken care of it and i can send and receive messages and calls no problem. so to all who are to impatient to wait for TMo to release their official version of the 4.5, the official download from orange is a great alternative!!!!!!
    07-18-08 06:19 PM
    Here's the link to the Orange D/L page at Blackberry.com -

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
    07-18-08 06:22 PM
    Chaz. this link does not work.
    07-18-08 06:25 PM
    Great news. You mentioned something about messages. Do you mean text? Does that get sent over UMA bc that would be pretty sweet. I'm assuming if its txt via UMA it doesn't count against your quota? Or is that incorrect? Clarification would be much appreciated. Thx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 06:26 PM
    That's incorrect. Texts do not go over UMA.

07-18-08 06:29 PM
    BTW I installed 4.5.0.52 yesterday without problems. The two versions of 4.5 (42 and 52) that I've installed both seem to chew thru battery life as well. I find that I'm having to recharge nightly instead of every other day since I upgraded.

07-18-08 06:29 PM
    Got it downloaded and installed.. Running smooth, also memory optimised to 15mb

07-18-08 06:30 PM
    BTW I installed 4.5.0.52 yesterday without problems. The two versions of 4.5 (42 and 52) that I've installed both seem to chew thru battery life as well. I find that I'm having to recharge nightly instead of every other day since I upgraded.

With the .52 beta and .46 beta battery life has not been affected with mine. I send and receive over 60 texts (on average), email, 1 hour talking, listening to media player, and over an hour of browsing on the web. Still over 50% daily. (My day starts 415 am and ends around 11pm). I plug it into my laptop when I am moving songs around and backing up (usually half hour to 45 mins split up)
    07-18-08 06:53 PM
    i cant get mine to load for some reason....

i installed the new DM i plug up and then what?!!! help..
    07-18-08 07:31 PM
    i just installed .52 with much success... but for some reason theres no selection for the default browser to work with wifi... just hotspot and the wap browser.... very annoying!!
    07-18-08 07:36 PM
    i just installed .52 with much success... but for some reason theres no selection for the default browser to work with wifi... just hotspot and the wap browser.... very annoying!!
    I had this same prob w .52 until I resent my service books. Viola. Browser over wifi option back BTW I'm using BETA .52

07-18-08 08:12 PM
    I installed .52 last night as well on my 8320.. nuked it at first haha but i figured i would... i did this at probably 3am or so.. passed out a few laters without charging..but it charged up to 90% just from being connected to the pc.. it's 9:23PM here now and im at 70% still and I send probably 100-200 texts a day.. receive the same. Viirgo, weathereye.. internet browsing etc and i listened to some music.. this is all very normal to how it was with 4.2 for me.

maybe it's just you or you're in a place with bad single + too many apps running in the background?
    07-18-08 08:26 PM
    what do you mean "nuked it" ? Referring to your battery life? And I'm glad to see people are have success with the .52 because the beta's were pissing me off lol. and thanks for posting the link for me appreciate it. and it's been 2 days strong and no probs and my battery life seems to be normal and UMA flawless
    07-19-08 03:22 PM
    OK where is the option on a 8320 for have the browser over WiFi option enabled?
    07-19-08 03:39 PM
    hey matt can you rephrase your question
    07-19-08 03:44 PM
    Hey everyone I found out yesterday morning that Orange service in the UK officially released 4.5.0.52 OS for blackberry curve 8320. So i did some researching and got the direct link from the blackberry website.
    (me being a noob i cannot post the link so pm me for it if you wish)

This is the second OS other than the 4.2 release from TMo that i have installed. The first OS upgrade was the beta .46 and i had numerous problems and was forced to downgrade to 4.2(mainly UMA issues). So when i upgraded i was pretty skeptical about how they new release handled the problems. took all the necessary steps to upgrade and everything ran smoothly and so far i have been problem free with this release! As far as the biggest problem i had (UMA) the new OS has taken care of it and i can send and receive messages and calls no problem. so to all who are to impatient to wait for TMo to release their official version of the 4.5, the official download from orange is a great alternative!!!!!!

Please explain why you named this thread, Offical 4.5.0.52 TMo success!!!
    07-19-08 03:52 PM
    Please explain why you named this thread, Offical 4.5.0.52 TMo success!!!
    i was wondering the same thing... TMO hasn't release a version of 4.5
    07-19-08 03:57 PM
    Great news. You mentioned something about messages. Do you mean text? Does that get sent over UMA bc that would be pretty sweet. I'm assuming if its txt via UMA it doesn't count against your quota? Or is that incorrect? Clarification would be much appreciated. Thx.

That's incorrect. Texts do not go over UMA.

Both incorrect... texts are transmitted over UMA!! When you have a UMA connection, it is your primary connection to the mobile network! Your voice and all of your data is piped through the WiFi over UMA!

This does not mean anything is free at all... it is just an alternative way to connect to the TMobile network... over WiFi instead of EDGE. TMobile offers the "Talk Forever" addon that makes the UMA calls free, but all texts are billed as normal... whether using UMA or not!
    07-19-08 04:00 PM
    I see options for t-zones (2 of them) and internet browser and hotspot browser when selecting the default browser in the options / general properties list. I was sure in 4.2 this included a choice for wifi and I was not sure what the difference was.

07-19-08 04:07 PM
    I'm reading all of the stories on installing new os 4.5, but I don't understand all of the lingo you crackberry experts are using. I downloaded desktop upgrade as well as 4.5 os. Removed xml from pc as well. When I plugged berry into pc and go to application loader only 4.2 is there. Checked c drive and 4.5 is there. How do I get it into destop manager to begin installing new 4.5 os. Am I doing something wrong. Help fellow crackberry buddies!!!!
    07-19-08 04:21 PM
    Sound like you haven't installed the OS after downloading the exe file.

Try following the instructions in BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS).
    07-19-08 09:18 PM
    i still cant get my default browser to work!!! opera mini and jivetalk are both working fine over wifi...
    07-20-08 12:28 AM
    named it this because this is the first 4.5 official release and it's been completely successful with my TMo carrier
    07-20-08 04:01 PM
    hey renew have you update your berry before? If so you may need to uninstall the 4.2 from your computer and then re-install the 4.5 on your computer and then try the app loader. It should work then if not let me know
    07-20-08 04:04 PM
    Yesterday I did the upgrade on my TMo 8320. Everything seems to be fine after some adjustments (most learned form the fine folks in this forum!) but like many find Google Maps v2.something hanging up on the install. After much reading, I noticed someone posted that Google Maps 1.6.4 would work well, but after a fair amount of searching on the web can't find anything but the latest version.

Any suggestions as to where I could locate 1.6.4 for download?

Thanks very much!!
    07-20-08 04:11 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD