I am getting an odd notification box after restarting my Curve.

After a restart a gray box pops up on the homepage. The box reads:

Network Notification
    (19174020227150000?141<5;<=>60;<969?93=>>)

Below that there is a line underneath which is a blue i with 14 black squares in a row next to it.

I am given an option to hit OK or to Save.

Any ideas what this is or how to get rid of it?

Elader

UPDATE

An update on my progress to fix this problem. It appears to be related to the SIM card. If start the phone with no SIM card inside, I don't get the notification message. In addition, if I start the phone with a different SIM card inside (my girlfriend's) there is no notification message.

So it appears as though it is something with my SIM card. I am not sure what it could be and the phone seems to function fine. It is annoying to see that message everytime though.

Any ideas on how to proceed from here?

Elader
    Last edited by Elader; 05-06-08 at 03:52 AM.
    04-26-08 02:41 AM
    i would try to wipe the device and reload the OS and see if that fixes it
    04-26-08 03:27 AM
    Well I tried a device wipe and reloaded the OS. I am still getting the same notification on start up. In fact, it was the first thing that greeted my when the device rebooted after the OS reload.

Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this please?

Elader
    04-28-08 01:57 AM
    An update on my progress to fix this problem. It appears to be related to the SIM card. If start the phone with no SIM card inside, I don't get the notification message. In addition, if I start the phone with a different SIM card inside (my girlfriend's) there is no notification message.

So it appears as though it is something with my SIM card. I am not sure what it could be and the phone seems to function fine. It is annoying to see that message everytime though.

Any ideas on how to proceed from here?

Elader
    05-06-08 03:52 AM
    I know this is a long shot but swing by your carrier's store and see about having your SIM card replaced. It is a quick cheap way to rule out the SIM as the culprit. If that doesn't help then it is a BB problem and hopefully it is insured.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-08 04:27 AM
    I know this is a long shot but swing by your carrier's store and see about having your SIM card replaced. It is a quick cheap way to rule out the SIM as the culprit. If that doesn't help then it is a BB problem and hopefully it is insured.

05-06-08 05:19 AM
    Yeah I'd have your provider take a look at your problem and see if they can replace your sim card since it does look like a sim problem.

05-06-08 06:21 AM
    This may help you.

Yes, you're absolutely right, it's the Sim card that is causing the Network Notifications.

The issue I had with a few BB's is that the users were getting SMS Network Notifications everytime they switched on their BB.

They had used the Sim card on a previous phone (in this case a Samsung), and what I did was to re-insert the Sim back in the Samsung and go through the SMS messages.

The ones that kept notifying them on the BB were marked as stored on the Sim card on the Samsung.

I deleted all these SMS messages from the Samsung and re-inserted the Sim back in the BB.

Hey Presto! No more network notifications for them.

It must be a bug in the BB OS, but use a phone that can determine between SMS messages stored in the Sim and Device, delete them and try again on the BB.

I hope this helps your problem.
    04-06-11 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD