Hello, I have a Curve 8310 and I have a problem when receiving calls since I can't get my device show me who is calling i Just get the number but no name associated although I have it in my contacts list.
    If I save contacts as follows: +61 432 574363 I get the SMS recognize the person sending the message but not the calls!
    If I save contacts as follows: 0432 574363 I get calls Identified but not the SMS...
    This is turning me crazy! Please give me a solution!
    Has anyone had a similar problem? Have you got any useful solution for this?
    11-23-08 05:56 PM
    Try:

Options
    Security Options
    General Settings
    Content Protection: DISABLE this

See if that helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cal...ng-names-9634/

under security settings set include address book to NO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-23-08 at 07:10 PM.
    11-23-08 05:58 PM

There appears to be a known issue with caller ID outside the USA. I've been informed that the phone recognizes the local calling area caller ID, which doesn't always match up to your phone book entry.

Perhaps one of our resident international addicts knows of a work around to assist you.
    11-23-08 06:04 PM
    Also read this:

My Caller ID name/number do not show when I get a call or SMS - BlackBerryFAQ

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 06:04 PM
    I didnt have any issues with mine, my mom lives in New Zealand, and her caller ID and SMS name shows fine, however one day, going thru my bill, next to her Home #. it was coded as T-Mobile to Tmobile, now I KNOW her home phone, is NZ isnt t mobile LOL so I called..

Im not gonna put her real # in but this is the way I have my moms entry in

Now, if I hit her caller ID to call her, it shows up as 646 123 4567 - apparently there is a TMobile customer somewhere that has the SAME # as what id dials to get her, so thats why it was being coded as tmo-tmo.. but anyways, I digress

thats the way I have all my internation # in my phone, the country code first, then the rest.. both are recognised when she calls or texts.
    11-23-08 06:27 PM
    Thank you guys for your answers... I thought I would receive an email when someone replied but it seems the forum doesn't work that way! I'll post back if any of your proposals work... Thank you very much!
    11-27-08 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD