Lately my berry has been acting up. I don't know why but I would like it to be fixed asap. Any suggestions from you will be valuable...

1) It automatically deletes my SMS
    No I'm not talking about the "keep messages: x days" option.
    When I receive a text message, I see it on the SMS window for a second and then it disappears from the list before I get the chance to open it. Why? How can I fix it?

2) It automatically deletes my emails
    No I'm not talking about the "keep messages: x days" option.
    Because that doesn't seem to work anymore. It used to. I keep my messages for 30 days - in the options menu, but now it disappears after a few hours. Why? How can I fix it?

3) It always shows that I have 3 missed calls
    The icon at the top of the screen always shows that I have 3 missed calls. Its been like this for months now. When I click on the Phone icon. There's nothing there. So why is it still showing that I have 3 missed calls?

4) My call log deletes itself
    You know how you have a bunch of numbers that show up when you press the call button - the numbers of calls recently placed. Well mine is showing up empty for months. Why is that?

5) MSN and Yahoo Messenger stopped working
    Since the problems above started, sending IM's has almost been impossible. I'm less concerned about this as they are secondary applications for me but it would be nice if the above problems were fixed and I can use these applications again

[BB 8310 OS 4.2]

Before you tell me to reset my phone. I've already done it.
    My service provider has been no help. Technical support doesn't seem to have a solution.
    12-09-08 03:50 PM
    My curve acted up and started deleting things when the memory went down.
    12-09-08 04:02 PM
    Check FILE FREE, OPTIONS>>STATUS and tell us what it is.. If below 12,xxxxxxx then follow the instructions in my sig entitled How to Increase a Berrys file free memory
    Last edited by CipherDias; 12-09-08 at 04:09 PM.
    12-09-08 04:05 PM
    4526272 Bytes
    12-09-08 04:07 PM
    My Yahoo Messenger recently been acting up also, when in a conversation I can only see myself and my own comments. I can see the other person in the msg screen but not in the IM screen. Any clue as to what causes this and/or how I can fix it?
    12-09-08 07:09 PM
    4526272 Bytes
    4.5mb is pretty low. Better follow Cipher's advice ^^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 07:29 PM
    Might also want to look into upgrading your OS to 4.5 :P
    12-09-08 07:40 PM
    will upgrading os help in any way?
    12-09-08 08:34 PM
    will upgrading os help in any way?
    Maybe, maybe not. Your core problem is one of memory management, and given
    that OS 4.5 has a larger memory footprint than 4.2 it will be even more crucial
    for you to follow the instructions suggested by CipherDias above.
    12-09-08 08:42 PM
    Agreed. You should have no less than 12mb free. If it hasn't already been mentioned, there's a link in my sig to a memory op guide. It should help you increase your available memory.
    12-09-08 11:34 PM
    Is it just on my bb that I don't see any signatures?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 02:19 AM
    You can't see the signatures when you are on the WAP interface.
    12-10-08 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD