View Poll Results: Should i keep trying or buy a new phone

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • dont give up!!!

8 88.89%
  • ur bb fails... u need a new phone!

1 11.11%
    I have a 8320. One day it ran out of battery and I forgot to charge it, so when i woke up the next day, i charged it for a few hours but it would not turn on. I have a red light that blinks about every 3 seconds.
    Things I have tried:
    Charging for 1 whole night.
    Pulling the battery and putting it back in (many times)
    I tried using the DM but when i when to the step called "waiting for device initialization" i get an error message saying that it cannot connect to the device.
    I also tried many forums, one that included me using the command prompt to open apploader and try to update the OS. once again i got an error message "cannot connect to device" on the second step "waiting for device initialization".

When i connect my 8320 to my computer, it makes the noise that it recognizes it. but it quickly makes the noise that it disconnects. it does this repeatedly. I have tried JML commander and BBSAK and neither recognizes a device.

PLEASE HELP!!! sorry for the long and wordy post.
    03-22-10 07:25 PM
    if its under warranty you can probly get it replaced through your carrier.

if you cant do that, and you are heartset and love your blackberry, keep trying to figure out ways to reset hte OS (reinstall i mean). but reinstall means no contacts, no apps you downloaded, no mms, no sms and no themes.

if you cant figure it out at all, always try go get a new phone.

try putting the simcard into a temp phone (most likely a paygophone until you can fix it)
    03-22-10 07:37 PM
    i have not had my bb for that long (about 2 months) so i do not care if my contacts get erased, i will just input them in again. i really do not want to get a new phone so i will keep trying for a day or 2. thanks, i will use my old phone for now.
    03-22-10 07:57 PM
    if i could just get my bb to stop powering up and shutting down when hooked up to my pc, i could fix the problem
    i keep hearing the connected/disconected on my pcs. (xp and vista same problem)
    03-22-10 08:09 PM
    follow this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    You'll have it running in about 30 minutes
    03-23-10 07:50 AM
    thanks for the reply, but i already tried that.
    when i get to the updating ur device progress bar, on the step WAIT FOR DEVICE INITIALIZATION, my device goes back into the rebooting loop (i heard the usb connect disconnect on my pc) and i get an error stating APPLICATION LOADER WAS UNABLE TO CONNECT TO YOUR DEVICE.

do u know anything else i could do?

thanks
    03-23-10 02:17 PM
    Try using this to install the OS:
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBsak)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 07:25 PM
    thanks for the reply, but i already tried that.
    when i get to the updating ur device progress bar, on the step WAIT FOR DEVICE INITIALIZATION, my device goes back into the rebooting loop (i heard the usb connect disconnect on my pc) and i get an error stating APPLICATION LOADER WAS UNABLE TO CONNECT TO YOUR DEVICE.

do u know anything else i could do?

thanks
    did you use the jl_cmder file to completely wipe the device? You will know if you are successful at this because you will get a 507 error on your screen and nothign will happen. Then you reload the OS using the app loader. It will work.
    03-24-10 08:24 AM
    The OP is able to start Applications Loader, select non-core applications to install and begin the process.

The step that is failing is the re-connection once a Sun Java VM client is installed. It "should" reconnect and complete the install.

Fortunatly, this is actualy quite rare, but it has happened often enough to keep this thread active:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/unab...eration-73368/

Originally Posted by jb421
    I have had this same problem with my 8130. but i was able to finally get it to connect what i did was i left my battery out of my bb until it switched from load jvm and system software to wait for device initalization. as soon as it switched from one to the other i put my battery back in the bb and it finished loading.

I hope this may help others as it did for me and if not i just thought i would pass along this bit of information.
    I suspect there is a problem with your battery. If possible, try it with a known good battery.
    03-24-10 12:57 PM
    i pluged my bb in today to try these fixes, and keep trying to fix it, but now my computer doesnt recognize my bb at all. the battery is charged though. im still getting the 2 red blinks every 2 seconds. i think im just got to change phones. not sure if ill get a new bb or switch to iphone.

thanks for trying to help.
    03-25-10 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD