I have a 8330. Can someone help me on setting different notification tones for text and e-mails, and to turn off the vibrator before the tone.

Thanks
    02-18-09 01:09 PM
    You need to click on the "profiles" icon on ur homescreen, then choose advanced opts-from there it'l take you to the current profile ur using for all your tones, incl sms/mms/email etc. click on your bb button(key w/dots) to "edit". make sure wen your thru with editing tones for all email/sms/mms etc, u use ur back button (arrow on it) to "save" ur changes. it will be in that menu also you can change the vib to shut off for watever ones you want. good luck!
    02-18-09 01:23 PM
    Click on profiles and scroll down to advanced.
    click on this then click options(blackberry symbol) and edit. at this point you will only be editing the profile which is active. here you have a list of your messages and alerts, click on each one to edit them. I have a different tone for each alert. (quite confusing!!)

Hope I haven't made it too complicated for you, but it may be quite time consuming to do each one.

Oops!! just noticed you've an 8330.. don't know if it's the same format but give it a go!!
    02-18-09 01:27 PM
    awww!! Shellie pink berry got there first!!!
    02-18-09 01:28 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    I see that your question has been answered. May I recommend the 101 Lecture Series found HERE
    Also the Tips, How To's and FAQ's will help you get the most out of your Blackberry. You can find the link to that in my sig.

Again, Welcome to Crackberry!

~Jazzi~

02-18-09 01:32 PM
    Thanks for the help.
    02-18-09 02:13 PM
    sorry bethbaby---thats just the way the cookie crumbles sometime!!! lol-doncha hate wen that happens-i do too! lol
    02-18-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD