Newbie Alert and I am going crazy.... I actually thought I could read and follow directions ............. LOL !!!!!!!

I can receive text from Sprint.com, facebook, or something like that but I can not receive a text from personal friends......... what am i doing wrong.....I have done the browser thing and that is kool I just can't get this text thing. I tried to do all the steps with the Sprint tutorial but it stopped me at the create a pin stage.......... so I am at a lost.......
    05-22-09 08:43 PM
    Not sure if this will work, but have heard this in other threads. Try sending an sms to yourself. If you get it then try sending to others. If this does not work, you might need to call the carrier and make sure the account is set up right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 09:30 PM
    Thank you for the information, now that you say it I don't have the unlimited with Boost........that may be the difference....... thanks a bunch
    05-23-09 04:13 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!
    05-23-09 04:17 PM
    Thank you for the welcome mwdb4au......... I put out another post with the question of "Do you have to get unlimited Boost in order to receive text".......... but a moderator stated that I double posts ( although I feel like I had a different question but anywho....... I will comply........... So do I have to get unlimited boost to send/receive texts
    05-23-09 04:44 PM
    any takers? Hello....... is there anyone out there?
    05-23-09 10:16 PM
    Switching to the unlimited plan is not going to solve your problem.

As it has been mentioned a zillion times on this website and on HowardForums.com, the Blackberries will not send or receive SMS text messages or "push" email when used on the Boost Mobile service, because those functions are set up to be used by the assigned "service books," that normally come with a service plan that includes paid Blackberry service.

Since Boost Mobile does not offer a Blackberry service plan, you cannot make these functions work "out of the box."

There are some work-arounds, such as downloading and installing Opera Mini for web browsing, but as far as honest-to-goodness text messaging goes, you are out of luck.

I know that some folks that been experimenting with getting service books from other Blackberry phones, tweaking them a bit, and installing them on their "BoostBerries," but I don't believe anyone has been able to make the text messaging function to work yet.

If you purchased a Blackberry specifically for its texting function on Boost, you will be very disappointed. Put it back on eBay and sell it.

Meanwhile, you should look at the new Motorola i425 phone, called "The Clutch." It was made specifically for the Boost Mobile network, and has a full qwerty keyboard, designed with the "texter" in mind. The retail price is only $129.95, and you won't have any problems using it for internet, email, text, video messaging, PTT, etc.

There's info about it on the BoostMobile.com website. It's not a "smartphone" per se, but it will do just about anything you need, and without all the "BoostBerry" hassles. I only wish it had a larger screen.
    05-26-09 06:30 AM
    Thanks Boostman, texting is not the only reason for the Blackberry..... I love the phone......but thanks for your suggestions.
    05-26-09 07:01 PM
    I can t post links to another post on this forum??? but this worked for me /f137/boostberry-tutorial-how-get-mms-broswer-email-working-natively-241170/
    09-22-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD