I don't know if it's a carrier issue or my phone but suddenly I'm not receiving my texts. I get BBMs, email, phone calls, but people say they are texting me and I'm not getting any. I've done battery pulls...dunno what else to do. Someone said it might be my Sim card but I also read something about Rim having an outage. I have T-mobile.

Anyone else having this issue?
    11-18-09 10:33 AM
    There is a firewall setting that will reject SMS text messages:

Options / Security Options / Firewall.

If that is open, try resending your service books. That can be done from Email Setup after logging on to your BIS account.

The fact that BlackBerry services are working correctly would suggest the problem is with your carrier. Odds are good, all the backlogged messages will show up, eventually.

11-18-09 11:00 AM
    There is a firewall setting that will reject SMS text messages:

Options / Security Options / Firewall.

If that is open, try resending your service books. That can be done from Email Setup after logging on to your BIS account.

The fact that BlackBerry services are working correctly would suggest the problem is with your carrier. Odds are good, all the backlogged messages will show up, eventually.

I am having a similar problem. How do I resend service books?
    11-18-09 11:32 AM
    Yeah, I have no idea how to resend service books. There's periods of time where I don't receive texts. Then I start getting them again. But I still never get the ones that were sent before. Like they're just lost.

So...about the service books? I don't see any option for that in the Email Setup.
    11-18-09 08:13 PM
    Go to your carriers BIS site and select send service books.
    11-18-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD