Hello all

I am receiving sms and voice calls. I am NOT receiving any e-mails, mms or able to use the web. My carrier is Verizon and they informed me about some alert that BBerry had out about new activations not going through. Is this possible? I verified that they do have a data plan set up on my account. I have also did a 30 second reboot after doing a *228 send activation.

I got the Curve yesterday - it was a replacement for my previous curve which was sent refurbished (when it was a new purchase).

Any suggestions to get my data coming through would be appreciated. Verizon just told me to wait and they may come through!!
    05-21-09 05:14 PM
    Did you do a register now?

Options>advanced options>host routing table> menu> register now.
    05-21-09 05:16 PM
    Yep.....did that. No resolution still.
    05-21-09 05:39 PM
    Did you get teh message in your messages icon? Also do you have browser icon on the device?

Sometimes after a reg now you need to do a battery reset as well.

Does the indicator show 1x,1xev, 1X, or 1XEV?
    05-21-09 05:47 PM
    1) Thank you so much for taking the time to care/help me.

2) I did a 30 second battery pull. Do not have any messages at all in the messages folder for today 5/21, and I only have a 1x - not a 1xex or any other variation.

3)Verizon checked and coverage/towers are all over my area and they feel that if it were in roam or what have you then it wouldn't have finished the *228 send activation (which I have done 2 times witha subsequent battery pull and register now) grr.

Stacy
    05-21-09 05:53 PM
    Verizon mentioned an "alert" that new activations werent going through and BBerry is aware of this. Is this a possible occurence and do I just have to "wait it out"? That is very frusturating.
    05-21-09 05:54 PM
    Relax - the reason you are not getting is cause the device is not seeing the data network. This is indicated by the 1x you should see 1X or 1XEV.

There are two other things that can be done to help this.

1. back up and wipe the device and redo all the programing again.

2. Did VZW tech do a manual programing? If not this needs to be done. Call them back and insist that be done.
    05-21-09 05:56 PM
    Verizon mentioned an "alert" that new activations werent going through and BBerry is aware of this. Is this a possible occurence and do I just have to "wait it out"? That is very frusturating.
    There was an alert for this that was resolved this morning. Now I left work at 2:30 PM MDT. If another alert came out then I would not have seen it. IF there is active alert, then you will need to wait till this is resolved.

EDIT: 5PM MDT - Just check with a friend at work and there are no open/active alerts for serivce books
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-21-09 at 06:00 PM.
    05-21-09 05:57 PM
    Manual programing? He ran through a few things with me but I am not sure that manual programming was one of them. He did instruct me to download the bBerry desktop assistant so I will do that very soon tonight and then back up the phone/contacts and try and "wipe" the device.

I am a novice so I am unsure as to how to wipe a device. Could you post how to link for me in this thread by any chance?

I am off to take my lil girl to dance lessons - but appreciate your help! I will call Verizon again and insist on the manual program while Im on the road. if it doesn't resolve the issue than I will certainly revisit this post and do the "wipe" method.

Thanks!!
    05-21-09 06:01 PM
    Im going to call Verizon after seeing your post on there being no active Alert. I love Crackberry. Such informed and intelligent users. Big hugs
    05-21-09 06:03 PM
    If they took you though a manual programing, you would have dialed #000000 to start the process.

To wipe the device:

options> Security options>general settings> menu>wipe hand held and follow the instrcutions. Please make sure all your data is backed up to yor computer. This is what you need the desktop manager for.
    05-21-09 06:05 PM
    i called vzw today i had a issue not sending mms they told me bb was having issues with there data network since last night and it was still ongoing today.
    05-21-09 07:41 PM
    Update:

I called Verizon and got a great tech. He stayed with me for at least a half an hour and tried numerous things. We did the #000000 deal a number of times as well as *228, and also going into Manage Connections and messing with different numbers and passwords.

I am all squared away. Thanks for all of your help!! Patience must be the word of the day.
    05-21-09 07:53 PM
    Update:

I called Verizon and got a great tech. He stayed with me for at least a half an hour and tried numerous things. We did the #000000 deal a number of times as well as *228, and also going into Manage Connections and messing with different numbers and passwords.

I am all squared away. Thanks for all of your help!! Patience must be the word of the day.
    Great to hear. Enjoy that data!
    05-21-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD