Wondering if anyone else was having this problem and maybe found an answer. I read some posts but could not find the same question so hope this is not a duplicate. Thanks in advance!

Issue: Not receiving all text messages sent from by others (all carriers). I receive some but not every text message sent to me (based on a test where I had both phones in the same room).

Phone: Blackberry Curve 8320 - I got this phone originally from AT&T but had it unlocked. So, when I switched to T-Mobile (not by choice, bad reception at my new condo) I was still able to use the AT&T device (as the T-Mobile device did not offer GPS).

So question is....is there a setting under the "SMS Text" menu that I need to adjust since this was originally an AT&T device? Below are the (relevant) current default settings:

Data Coding: 7 bit
    Service Center: +12063130004 (I suspect this may be the issue)
    Network to Send Over: GSM

* Tried resending the Service Book already
    ** Not a memory issue (always try to keep an eye on the free memory and delete unnecessary apps)

Appreciate the response
    09-19-08 12:47 PM
    No, there's no setting. Network issue??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 12:50 PM
    Not sure about ATT. There were some network issues with Sprint before. The problem was on the off. You will most likely get all the messages but will be a few days delay if they were sent from Sprint. It has nothing to do with the device.
    09-19-08 01:04 PM
    I've had the same problem since I got my BB back in May. The issue hasn't been resolved.
    09-19-08 01:05 PM
    T-Mobile rep said their networks are just fine (plus I do receive some SMS, just not all). Also, I don't think its an issue with my device not registered with T-mobile since I changed carriers over a month ago....I miss AT&T!!!
    09-19-08 01:07 PM
    you may have a corrupt database. that very same thing was happening to my email, and i ended up having to delete all of my e-mails. it sucked, but everything is working now. i'd follow up with your bis, though, just to make sure.
    09-19-08 01:10 PM
    A porting issues maybe? I ended up speaking to the "porting people" and they are supposed to be looking into it. Of course I haven't heard back yet lol.
    09-19-08 01:10 PM
    you may have a corrupt database. that very same thing was happening to my email, and i ended up having to delete all of my e-mails. it sucked, but everything is working now. i'd follow up with your bis, though, just to make sure.
    extraducksauce - So what did you do to delete/fix the corrupt database? I'm not too worried about deleting all my SMS or emails.....just want to fix the issue Thanks in advance.
    09-19-08 01:16 PM
    email>highlight today's date>options>delete prior

everything is deleted in that folder. i have my sms' separated, so they are fine. but all e-mails are gone. i'd follow up with your BIS/RIM before going willie-nillie your bb.
    09-19-08 01:23 PM
    I have the same problem along with I don't get all my calls .. I will get a voice mail but no call before it .... I have more then enough memory ???
    09-19-08 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD