So today my Fiance put a full starbucks next to my fine and it proceeded to fall over. Now the phone wasn't submerged or anything but it definitely was wet. I grabbed and and ripped the battery out of it and put it outside since it's warm here in AZ already. About 3-4 hours we made our way back home and I pulled the entire phone apart. Everything was dry inside but there was some dried coffee sludge on the inside of the sides and what not. I cleaned EVERYTHING off and blew it all gently dry with an air compressor. Put phone back together and everything was gravy. Then all of a sudden it dialed a "3" by itself and I said

anyways, tried multiple batt pulls, everything seems to work fine except the keyboard, the trackball with work to move around but the click won't work so basically none of the buttons of click will do anything. That being said, when the screen turns off I have no way to get it back on or do anything. I just connected it and backed up my data, I think the phone works fine but the keyboard just isn't working.

I did run to verizon 10 mins before they closed, no refurb's in stock so that's highly awesome.

Any ideaad would be great
    05-03-09 08:35 PM
    Get the BB into a sealed bag of uncooked rice. A ziploc bag works great. Leave it in there for a day or two without the battery in the BB.

The rice will draw out any remaining moisture from yourphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 08:39 PM
    Use either rice in a bag or dessicants from your local pharmacy to draw the moisture out...
    05-03-09 08:41 PM
    I think you have sticky maybe sugary stuff in the keyboard. Radio shack for some contact cleaner and really work all the keys and dry off or blow dry with your compressor.
    05-03-09 08:50 PM
    yeah that's exactly why I broke the phone apart and cleaned EVERYTHING because of the sugar.

Well the phone will work fine for a few minutes then the keyboard stops working so I have no clue, the phone is just over 2 months old so I'm pretty upset!!

I'm going to take the whole thing apart again and put just the main board into a bag of rice-just lay it in there so hopefully any moisture will be drawn out a lot quicker than having the full case and everything in there.

Thanks for you suggestions, I'll keep you all updated.
    05-03-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD