I am new to the Blackberry Curve 8330 from Verizon (1 Week Today) and just cannot figure out why under the Normal Profile it will not alert me to new emails (sound or vibrate). (Note: The LED does flash as that is all the notification I receive)
    When I changed the profile to Loud I do get notified of the email alerts with both sound, vibrate and LED flash. I changed the settings under the advanced section in the Normal profile to match that of the Loud profile with no success.
    I have taken the battery out several times hoping the changes I made in Normal profile would clear up the problem.
    Thank you for your time!
    11-03-08 09:25 AM
    Are you saving the settings you made? Is your BB in a holster? If your alert works on loud there is no reason it should not work on normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 10:03 AM
    1) Yes the settings are saved as I am checking them after pulling the battery.
    2) No, I just discovered this problem and it has been sitting in front of me on the table while I have been testing these different scenarios.
    3) I agree with you completely and is why I have posted this request for HELP!
    11-03-08 10:10 AM
    I fixed the problem as I have been changing the wrong Advanced setting for new emails. I was changing the Messenger-New Message setting and I should have been changing the Messages [Desktop] setting.

I guess I have a lot to learn coming from a Treo 700w!

Thanks for your reply and time.
    11-03-08 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD