My phone was on the charger all night and was at 100% when I got up this morning (6:30am EST). Since then i've had MSN Messenger running, and did a little chatting (15-20 minutes). I also have done some web surfing (90 minutes total).

Right now (5:11pm), my battery is at 55%.

I've been checking the applications running to make sure nothing is running in the background. Just the normal applications that are standard. I've also done a soft reset (battery pull) each day.

Also, I get very poor signal at my house where i've been all day.

Is this normal?

P.S...I just received this phone brand new on Tuesday
    07-12-08 04:14 PM
    Sounds pretty normal to me
    07-12-08 04:29 PM
    11 hours and 55% what the he11 you complaining about?
    07-12-08 04:32 PM
    11 hours and 55% what the he11 you complaining about?
    Just curious since I really didn't use it much. I plan on getting the 1500msb battery soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 04:40 PM
    To each their own........if after 11 hours you are at 55% you need more capacity why? Outlet-a-phobic? IF it gets THAT low........just plug it in homes....I guess I don't understand the "need" for a larger capacity cell when your current one works fine...............

more weight, more bulk............i dunno..........but to each their own...
    07-12-08 04:45 PM
    I just like to know that I can use my phone regularly w/o having to worry about running out of juice when I'm not home or at the office.

But 99% of the time I'm next to a charging source

07-12-08 04:51 PM
    I am wondering why when I travelfrom west to east coast why my battery drains so much quicker?
    07-12-08 04:51 PM
    You stated that the signal is very poor in your house. That is one of the biggest contributor to draining your battery, poor signal drains battery. Keep in mind, that the battery also likes to be topped off ever so often. Keep your money in your pocket, getting a new battery is just a waste of money, nothing is wrong with your battery.

07-12-08 05:02 PM
    Thanks. I'll just throw it on a charger once in a while

07-12-08 05:06 PM
    When traveling it could be your phone is constanly looking for a connection. Which would use up the battery quicker. I been in dead zones with one of my old phones and it drained really quick. It kept looking for a signal.
    As far a battery life I'm on my curve all day fron sun up to sun down. By the time I go to bed its down to around 30%. Love the battery life of the BB. On weekends I can go a couple of days without charging.
    07-12-08 05:07 PM
    I am new to the Blackberry 8310. Only having it for less than two months now. My most heavy use day was when I was navigating with AMAZEGPS total time about 3 hrs and some surfing and emails the whole day. IN the morning I had a full charge and by the end of this day I was down to 40%. I had considered a high capacity battery but now having it for 2 months I really don't see the need. I would probably consider a car charger before I get another battery but for now I am going good.
    07-12-08 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD