Is it normal to drop a lot of memory throuout the day. I went into work this morning at 7.30 and had 46xxxxxx and now I have 39xxxxxx and have deletes all messages that I have recievd today the only other thing I have done is some browsing and music playing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 01:47 PM
    you might need to do a batery pull/soft reset every once in a while.. to get memory back up
    08-29-08 01:50 PM
    yeah lately i have been doing a battery pull twice a week to get my memory back. Right after i have about 21 free after about three days i drop to around 15.
    08-29-08 01:53 PM
    yeah lately i have been doing a battery pull twice a week to get my memory back. Right after i have about 21 free after about three days i drop to around 15.

and good morning to you sir!
    08-29-08 01:59 PM
    I did one this morning before I went to work

08-29-08 02:24 PM
    I did one this morning before I went to work

me too!!!!
    08-29-08 02:26 PM
    I have to do a battery pull about once a week to get my memory back up.

08-29-08 02:34 PM
    The BlackBerry will invade its own memory as you run programs. Everybody who knows Java or programs the phone says that memory loss is a figment of imagination and battery pulls are not neccessary. The rest of us watch the FIle Free number diminishing and do battery pulls.

It seems that you memory being used up principally by the browser. Probably it has just left pages lying around in memory.

I am told that the phone will ultimately manage itself but have seen no evidence of this myself.

I have spoken with a corporate BlackBerry manager who had never heard of a battery pull even though he had several hundered BlackBerrys in his organization over several years.

The bottom line, keep an eye on the File Free number and if it gets near 12Mb, do a battery pull.
    08-29-08 02:42 PM
    Yeah , even after daily consumption if you still in the 20's and 30's you shouldn't have to do a battery pull. Like Pete said when you start to get close to 12mb then you can worry about it and do a BP.
    08-29-08 03:17 PM
    I do a daily routine of log and cache clearing, and then a reset -- alt-left shift-delete. It will recover as much memory as a battery pull and you don't have to open your device up. If anyone would rather pull their battery, I have no opinion about which is better , it's up to each individual which they prefer. I adopted my routine after upgrading to .69 and have had no memory issues since.

Note: pearl owners can't use above to reset.
    08-29-08 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD