Ok, so I set up a password on my new Blackberry (formerly a Treo user), and it works. It prompts me for it all the time. I would now like to disable this password as it is quite a nuisance.

My only options are to a) change the password (cant be blank), or b) wipe the device.

There has to be a way simply to turn off password protection, no?

TIA.
    04-29-09 06:48 AM
    Options, security, general settings, password - change to disabled.
    04-29-09 06:49 AM
    Again:

My only options are to a) change the password (cant be blank), or b) wipe the device

Disable is NOT a choice! (even in the full menu)
    04-29-09 12:25 PM
    I found the answer!

If you have the Media Card options of the Advanced Settings has Encryption Mode set to Security Password, then you not be able to disable the general password.

So, to disable the password:
    Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card --> Encryption Mode = 'None'

Then go back t:
    Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> Enable/Disable should appear.

Worked like a charm... Hopefully this helps people in the future. I didn't set the memory card security, so I would have never looked there...
    04-29-09 12:28 PM
    if you have the internet on your phone and you store passwords and things of that nature it wouldnt be a smart idea to remove the password regaurdless of how annoying it is. Its better to be safe than sorry. Much luck.
    04-29-09 01:02 PM
    I have the new blackberry bold, I was playing around with it and put a password on it. At first, it was cool. Now I dont want it anymore, I would like to disable it. I have tried going to Menu-Options-Security Options-General Settings? but still it doesnt say anything about the passwrod anywhere. Please help!
    12-29-09 03:13 AM
    Options / Security Options / General Settings is correct for password access.

The first line allows you to enable or disable the password. If you choose Disable, you must enter the correct password one last time.
    12-29-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD