Hello All! I tried my best to follow the Blackberry 101 instruction on how to upgrade to the OS 4.5 on my TM BB 8320. I followed all the instructions. When I went to update summary on the desktop manager, I selected the 4.5.0 software and hit next. It went for a while and then it said fatal error. I got scared and unplugged my usb cable. Then I restarted my phone and luckily it is still working. However, when I go back into desktop manager, application loader, update application, I get a screen that asks me for my password? I never set a password. What should I do now? Did I do something wrong here?
    08-23-08 02:41 PM
    AS I SEE UR A NEWBIE...updating will void ur warranty!
    08-25-08 05:58 PM
    AS I SEE UR A NEWBIE...updating will void ur warranty!
    This guy is a dummy.

I'm not sure what the deal with the password thing is, I'm sure someone will chime in soon with a solution though.
    08-25-08 06:00 PM
    Hello All! I tried my best to follow the Blackberry 101 instruction on how to upgrade to the OS 4.5 on my TM BB 8320. I followed all the instructions. When I went to update summary on the desktop manager, I selected the 4.5.0 software and hit next. It went for a while and then it said fatal error. I got scared and unplugged my usb cable. Then I restarted my phone and luckily it is still working. However, when I go back into desktop manager, application loader, update application, I get a screen that asks me for my password? I never set a password. What should I do now? Did I do something wrong here?
    That happened to me...briefly...but it was the link that I was using to upgrade the DM with...don't use the one that says it's 226 MB, use the one that's 77 MB, I think you can get it from BBerry website. That 226 link is some junk. After I downloaded the 77MB link, it worked fine, and prompted for a password. I ignored the prompt, hit cancel and kept going on with the upgrade. I just took it as a way to set up a password early, but I don't have a pw at this time, so I igg'ed it (ignored it). Good luck!
    08-25-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD