what's good. just got my BB curve about 1 week ago, everything is great other then no camera recorder, but i can live with that. so im browsing on the HTML browser, and i think to myself, kool now i can watch videos on youtube etc.. so i go and nope, i can't on the cellit says " the protocol on the device is not compatible or something like that" i mean what's up with that?? so i call at&t CS and they told me that the BB does not support streaming video on the net. lol i had a razor phone that i could see CV on, i mean is there any software i can download to be able to strea video?
    06-25-08 07:36 PM
    Wait until OS 4.5 is released and all of those features are included

Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    06-25-08 07:38 PM
    welcome to cb! pm sent
    06-25-08 07:39 PM
    thanks ................
    06-25-08 07:43 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 with verizon & I can watch youtube just fine... There are a few you can't watch, but for the most part you can

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 07:56 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 with verizon & I can watch youtube just fine... There are a few you can't watch, but for the most part you can

u have the 8330, which has the new software which hasn't been released for other models yet. for example on a 8330 you can record videos. when OS 4.5 gets released for the other models then we will be able to do those things.
    06-25-08 08:23 PM
    There, to my knowledge, are certain carriers whose curves are compatible with youtube videos, and some whose aren't. I know vzw has this capability. You may have a caarrier who doesn't support this, unfortunately.

06-25-08 08:26 PM
    welcome to cb!
    06-25-08 08:26 PM
    u have the 8330, which has the new software which hasn't been released for other models yet. for example on a 8330 you can record videos. when OS 4.5 gets released for the other models then we will be able to do those things.
    I have a Curve 8330 on VZW (about 3 weeks now) and I don't have the 4.5 OS
    06-25-08 10:48 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 on VZW (about 3 weeks now) and I don't have the 4.5 OS
    Your Curve is running OS v4.3 which is not much different than v4.5 at the moment.
    06-25-08 11:11 PM
    what's good. just got my BB curve about 1 week ago, everything is great other then no camera recorder, but i can live with that. so im browsing on the HTML browser, and i think to myself, kool now i can watch videos on youtube etc.. so i go and nope, i can't on the cellit says " the protocol on the device is not compatible or something like that" i mean what's up with that?? so i call at&t CS and they told me that the BB does not support streaming video on the net. lol i had a razor phone that i could see CV on, i mean is there any software i can download to be able to strea video?
    I have sprint and youtube works fine...I used to have a 8830WE that had problems running youtube....Now I have the 8330 Curve
    06-25-08 11:14 PM
    I have os 4.5.10 and still no youtube. I'm on att with a 8310.

06-25-08 11:47 PM
    Are you saying when 4.5 is released all Curve models will be able to record video???!?!!?!
    lol
    06-26-08 12:45 AM
    Yep you sure can record video w/ the new os update. Now just the waiting for it to be released. A few more days. I have the 8330 the video record is no biggey for me at least. I don't do a lot of that stuff. For others it might be a huge thing.

06-26-08 12:55 AM
    Yep you sure can record video w/ the new os update. Now just the waiting for it to be released. A few more days. I have the 8330 the video record is no biggey for me at least. I don't do a lot of that stuff. For others it might be a huge thing.

Yeah it was not huge difference for me either, but I think it would be awesome to have the capability.
    06-26-08 01:01 AM
    The guys on Sprint and VZW can do it because of the OS on the their phone not because of the carrier. So as stated above you will be able to with 4.5. I am using it and can view youtube and record video.
    06-26-08 01:02 AM
    So is there a date on the 4.5 release? Speculations? Any time soon? Ever? Lol.
    06-26-08 01:27 AM
    i've got the tmobile 8320 and apparently i can watch videos in the media player but for some reason when i go to youtube it says my device is not compatible or something along those lines? is that because youtube vids are streaming?

it's not that big of a deal but it would be a nice lil feature...
    06-26-08 01:29 AM
    i've got the tmobile 8320 and apparently i can watch videos in the media player but for some reason when i go to youtube it says my device is not compatible or something along those lines? is that because youtube vids are streaming?

it's not that big of a deal but it would be a nice lil feature...
    Don't quote me on this... But I believe with 4.5 everyone will be able to watch streaming vids.
    06-26-08 01:31 AM
    When 4.5 does come out where can you get it - here?

And how can I tell which I'm currently running?
    06-26-08 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD