Phone is an unlocked 8310 and my carrier does not sell / support BB so they can't send me Service Books Entries. I just had them subscribe me to a data plan to see if I can get this to work. Email message from my carrier stated "We only require the apn or access point to be set to apn.unicel.com." which I've done but still doesn't work.

Works fine for voice & text but not for browser.

Is there a way to manually configure for BB Browser? How about a 3rd party browser??
    12-19-08 05:09 PM
    in a word "NO"

Black berry browser and BB push email works on the Black berry internet service, the BIS needs to be carried by your provider inorder for your BB to work properly, Blackberrys will not fully work on an ordinary data plain, while your phone will work and you can send text you will never get the browser to work and you wont beable to get pushemail.........
    12-19-08 05:15 PM
    At this point I don't really care about push email. My carrier got bought out by VRZ and in about 3-4 months they will be making a switchover and I'll get a Storm. Was just wondering if a 3rd party browser (if there even is any) would work.
    12-19-08 05:47 PM
    no.........you can try opera

but i dont think so
    12-19-08 05:49 PM
    I'd like to try Opera.....I've downloaded it to my pc (zip file). I have the Desktop Manager installed on my pc but can't figure out how to install it on my BB.
    12-19-08 06:38 PM
    You're a Unicel customer? Do you live in Maine?
    12-19-08 06:49 PM
    You're a Unicel customer? Do you live in Maine?
    Yes I do. Why do you ask?
    12-19-08 06:50 PM
    Figured out that I had to unzip the Opera file first.... Once I sent it to my phone I could not finish the install because it could not connect to the internet....bummer. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait until the Unicel / VRZ merger is done.
    12-19-08 09:22 PM
    Like I said a few hours ago I belive a blackberry will only work with the BIS. Well anyhows goodluck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD