Hey guys, I am a new BB user. I like it so far, its just very different then the Palm I was used to. Anyway, I am having a problem. When I charge my Curve 8330 at night I am not able to receive any text messages. I was reading that newer versions of the BB have a "bedside" mode that stops all messages and things while charging, but I don't think my Curve 8330 has this feature. How do I get my Curve to receive messages while charging? I have read the manual cover to cover and I can't find any clues as to why it may be doing this. Any suggestions? Thank you!

-Angela
    01-21-09 10:35 AM
    you should be getting your messages while charging provided your phone is on and the profile in and out of holster is set for tone and not on mute.

do you have auto on/off turned on?

have you check your notification settings in profiles?
    01-21-09 10:37 AM
    Sounds like you better call tech. Support I looked through the threads and haven't found an answer for you sorry. Feel free to bb msg. Me always up for chat with new bb people. My pins above

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 10:39 AM
    I made sure all profile settings are correct (not set to silent or vibrate). Auto On/Off is disabled for both weekdays and weekends.
    01-21-09 03:49 PM
    your phone shouldn't have bedside mode, are you sure you are being sent messages? (chances are you would be but one has to ask)
    01-21-09 03:52 PM
    I know I am being sent messages because when I unplug the charger in the morning I get bombarded with messages that were sent overnight. The messages have the sent date/time stamp on them. It is always the night before.
    01-21-09 03:56 PM
    Are you sure you have signal in the area that your phone is charging? Its the only reasonable assupmtion at this point.

Bill

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD