Ok, I've got a Curve 8330 running 4.3. This has happened a few times: I try to place a call, it connects, but I can't hear the person on the other end. They can hear me just fine, and the problem goes away after a soft reset (of course). What causes this, and what (if anything) can I do to avoid this? Thanks in advance!
    10-06-08 08:14 PM
    known issue with the phone. Specially after getting an MMS with embedded sound. EIth activate then canxel your voice activation or perform an better reset to resolve. Fix due out when 4.5 is released.
    10-06-08 08:16 PM
    I just downloaded the new OS from the Blackberry web site. It was very easy to do, and fixed the problem.

Here's the new version I downloaded:

Nevermind, I can't post the URL until I have 10 posts. Pretty lame rule there folks, aren't we adults?

Go to Blackberry and get the new OS from the software link.

Good luck.
    10-06-08 08:50 PM
    one way audio is a common problem in the wireless world, typically its the wireless network, but some cases it will be the phone its self. you can always call verizon and let them know you are having "one way audio" problems and let them know when and where it happened so they can see if they do have a problem in their network
    10-06-08 10:07 PM
    Well I am having the same problem with my Pearl 8130. I am on my 3rd phone because Verizon says that I am the only person that has ever had this problem WHAT IN THE WORLD.
    10-06-08 10:45 PM
    Well I am having the same problem with my Pearl 8130. I am on my 3rd phone because Verizon says that I am the only person that has ever had this problem WHAT IN THE WORLD.
    either the people you are talking to do not know what they are talking about or they dont want to fix the problem.

When I say its a common problem its not like it happens every day for tons of people, it does happen, and it happens to all wireless companies. the more you can document where and when it happened and the circumstances of your call (did you make or receive the call, was it to another Verizon mobile, or another wireless company phone or a land line), the better chances are you can help them fix a problem.
    10-08-08 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD