Ok so the last 2 days my phone has loud profile set yet when incoming calls/text come it only vibrates even when I go to the media player it starts to play the ringtone and then stops by itself I alrwady reset the phone like 10 times I also wiped the whole thong last night and its worked fine for like 10 hours and now its doin the exact same thing what else can I try to fix it?
    08-26-10 06:23 PM
    What device do you have? Note that you cannot have an 8900 on Verizon.

What OS version in on the device?

What are ALL the settings that you have set for each of the items you list (phone and SMS)?
    08-26-10 06:29 PM
    Go to options and sounds, check your settings for your BB, out of holster and in holster settings are important to check, just browse through the options & make adjustments where necesary.
    Hope this will help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 12:00 PM
    u could also try using a different ringtone the one your using may be corrupted.. it happened to my wifes bb.. it would work for 2 days then stop till i changed the ringtone..
    08-27-10 12:47 PM
    What device do you have? Note that you cannot have an 8900 on Verizon.

What OS version in on the device?

What are ALL the settings that you have set for each of the items you list (phone and SMS)?
    I have an 8300 and I don't know what os means lol but the settings I have set for phone/sms is vibrate+tone a ringtone volume high repeat notification LED flashing number of vibrations 1 set for both in holster and out of holster on both phone and sms
    08-27-10 10:25 PM
    already did this and they are set to the same thing but thanks
    08-27-10 10:26 PM
    u could also try using a different ringtone the one your using may be corrupted.. it happened to my wifes bb.. it would work for 2 days then stop till i changed the ringtone..
    yea even the ones that came with my bb won't play so I don't think thats it either
    08-27-10 10:27 PM
    I have an 8300 and I don't know what os means lol but the settings I have set for phone/sms is vibrate+tone a ringtone volume high repeat notification LED flashing number of vibrations 1 set for both in holster and out of holster on both phone and sms
    You cannot have an 8300 on Verizon.

Go to Options > About and read the first line to see what you model number is.

You should know what OS (operating system) version is on your device. Different OS versions can work differently.

Go to Options > About and read the third line for the OS version.

The Profile settings for Phone and for SMS are two different things. Are you saying that you have both of them set that way?

Have you done a battery pull with the device turned on?
    08-28-10 08:35 AM
    o excuse me its an 8330 and the os is v4.4.0.175 I guess thats what the third line says and yes I'm sayin that they are both set the same way I know their two different things and yes I did take that battery out while my phone was still on thats how you reset it and that was the first thing I did
    08-28-10 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD