My friend upgraded my sister's OS with v5.0.0.509 (bundle {18}, Platform 3.5.0.44) and I just discovered that is also wiped out all the Sample ringtones on the Device Memory.

Anyone know where I can download that ringtone bundle, or transfer from my 8330 (although the device memory sample ringtones are "read only")? Or, do I have to reload an OS. If that's the case, any tips on websites with a v5. FYI: I'm using a Mac.

Thanks!
    03-25-10 07:47 PM
    Hang on! Don't reload your OS! Push the cod file thru BBSAK. Or you can check out this link to put the mp3 files into your gf's media card. Hope this helps!
    03-26-10 01:45 AM
    OK. I downloaded BBSAK. Now, I've had my BB for over a year, but still a newbie when it comes to upgrades...

What COD file do I need to push?

Again, I'm looking to reload the sample bundle of ringtones that normally comes with any BB. There is no data currently on the phone, so I don't have to worry about backing up anything.

Thx
    03-26-10 08:58 AM
    You would need a copy of the os on your pc or find the cod by searching (google) or crackberry. He probably shrunk the os and removed the tones so the friend should have the file, also...
    03-26-10 10:24 AM
    Here are steps to get your ringtones back on:

1. Go to nathanix.com.
    2. Go to the tab that says hybrids (I think that's what tab it is.)
    3. Download the latest hybrid for the 8330.
    4. Go to bbsak.
    5. Go to the edit CODS tab.
    6. Click on install CAD
    7. Find the nathanix folder (you will have to extract it with a RAR program, I think macs have it built in)
    8. Open the java folder inside the nathanix folder.
    9. Find the folder that says (core) ringtones or default ringtones.
    10. Then chose which ringtones set that you want. (Either original or updated)
    11. Then in the folder you use there should be a COD file.
    12. Click on the file and click open and it should install it on to your phone.
    13. After it installs it should have the ringtones.

Sorry if my steps are off or confusing this is the first time I wrote instructions.

Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD