This is a new problem that I have been having. It is with a blackberry curve. I will make an outgoing call and it will say connected, but there is no ring. When the person i am calling picks up i can hear them. I am not sure if I switched a setting? Any help would be much appreciated. THank you!!
    07-20-10 10:42 AM
    where are you from~> network>

uk o2?
    07-20-10 01:37 PM
    US At&t network
    07-20-10 01:50 PM
    oh ok! no problem, i am having issues on the uk o2 network!
    07-20-10 03:02 PM
    My wife is having similiar problem with her Curve on VZ network. She makes a call and she doesn't hear any ring nor can she hear the person she is calling when they answer. The phone says connected, but again nothing is able to be heard, however, the person she called can hear her just fine. Any ideas?

I believe she has the most up to date OS as I updated it a few weeks ago. TIA.
    07-31-10 09:18 PM
    Can she hear the caller ok if she receives a call? If she can't, the earpiece speaker may be defective.

When she makes a call, what happens if she switches to speakerphone? If she can hear the caller on speakerphone, then again, the earpiece speaker is probably defective. The speakerphone uses a different speaker.
    07-31-10 09:35 PM
    She can hear fine if someone calls her. Usually what happens is that she'll call me I'll say hello and I hear her saying "what is wrong with this phone it's not ringing" and she can't hear anything I'm saying, even tho I'm screaming at her over the phone, lol. So she hangs up, I call her back and everything is good.

Now it doesn't do it everytime she calls someone, but enough that it's annoying. She says it seems to do it when she uses the speed dial. I had her do a battery pull, as I doubt she's done one at all. I haven't talked to her to see if it made a difference. I'll also have to have her try turning on the speakerphone when it acts up and see if it makes a difference.
    08-02-10 12:02 AM
    I am having this exact same problem. It drives my mother crazy. Her phone rings and nobody talks because I can't hear her and my phone didn't ring while I was dialing, so I don't even know if it connected. It did-- every time. I can make it work if I go to the main menu and open up some icon, like Contacts, and then go to another icon. It doesn't help to press the End button, or to turn it off even.

Are there any BlackBerry employees on this site that answer these questions?
    08-17-10 10:12 AM
    I'm having the same problem with the torch! how do I fix it? do i need to take it in to get someone to look at it?
    12-17-11 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD