I just got my blackberry today and there's no sound! I set the profile options to regular and isn't that supposed to ring and vibrate? Well either way my phone just vibrates when both calls and text messages come. How can I fix this??
    01-03-08 05:46 PM
    Welcome to the forums, adri.

Did you check that there was a tune and a volume other than 'mute' for the profile that is 'active'? Some of them are set to mute by default and need to be changed so you can hear them.

Try following these steps, if you haven't already:

How do I edit my notification tones (profiles)? - BlackBerryFAQ
    01-03-08 06:09 PM
    Also double check to see if you held down the #key too long. That switchs the profile from default to vibrate.
    01-03-08 06:14 PM
    Yea I tried that and it still won't work. With the way my phone is only vibrating, it seems like the phone is on mute but it's not. I'm really confused..
    01-03-08 06:16 PM
    Did you also do a hard reboot (removing the battery while it's on and then putting it back in)? That can clear up a lot of screwy things.
    01-03-08 06:17 PM
    Follow the instructions in the link that Juwaack68 posted.
    01-03-08 06:18 PM
    When I click on the # key, it asks if i want to assign that key to a speed dial. Did you mean the $ key? If so- when i click that, a message just pops up saying "use this key to insert a dollar, poun, euro sign..."
    01-03-08 06:18 PM
    The # key thing only works on the SureType keyboards, not the full keyboards.

Did you do the hard reboot and/or follow the steps in the link above?
    01-03-08 06:20 PM
    Yes I did both and I just did a hard reboot again and still no noise. I know there is a mute button on top of the phone... is there an icon or anything showing that the phone is on mute?
    01-03-08 06:25 PM
    The # key thing only works on the SureType keyboards, not the full keyboards.
    Thanks for the tip! I learned something knew everyday I am on this site.
    01-03-08 06:28 PM
    Okay I just put "tone" and the ringtone came on so I know the phone is not on mute. It seems like when I put it on "vibrate+tone," that's when it will only vibrate. Can I fix this?
    01-03-08 06:29 PM
    Your answering the phone too quickly. Vibrate + tones means just that. It will vibrate set number of times and then tone set number of times. In that order. Try to set vibrate to 1
    01-03-08 06:31 PM
    Oh my goodness you're a lifesaver =) I don't know why I didn't think of that because my other phone used to vibrate first and then ring. i just assumed it would do both at once. Thanks so much!!

And also- in the Profiles Options menu there's an option that says "use active profile except for: important calls" and you can either check or not check the important calls box. What does that mean?
    01-03-08 06:37 PM
    You know... I don't know and have always wonder if juwaack68 can answer. I wonder if BES can set up for important calls.. I don't know.
    01-03-08 06:42 PM
    You would have to edit that to set the criteria you want to be 'important'. Such as calls from home, spouse, boss, etc.

I have a couple of 'Exceptions' set up so that when thos specific people call me, there is a different ringtone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-08 06:53 PM
    I suppose for a business environment you need the vibrate first function. By the way, there is a button that you can press on the top of the blackberry when you feel the vibration to silence that call
    03-20-10 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD