Hi All!

After several months of happily getting email alerts straight to my Curve (from both Yahoo and Hotmail accounts), the emails have STOPPED. Not sure if I did something inadvertently or what....

It is weird - I can receive text messages from my husband or friends but NO emails. I have played around with the options and have not been successful at figuring out the problem.

Please, does anyone have any suggestions? I miss my emails! That is a major reason for having a BB, afterall! Now I can't check email unless I am near my laptop - it stinks!

THANK YOU SO MUCH in advance for any help!!!!!!

Beth
    12-12-08 11:52 AM
    Resend your service books

find the manage internet email icon, and follow the steps, or log onto your BIS where you set up your email etc, and send from there.
    12-12-08 11:54 AM
    Did you try pulling the battery?
    12-12-08 11:54 AM
    A battery pull won't fix that problem, Rachel is correct...
    12-12-08 11:56 AM
    Wow, what quick replies! You guys are wonderful!

Rachel, forgive me - I am not sure I understand what "resend your service books" means. Would you be kind enough to spell it out for a non-techy?

THANK YOU!!
    12-12-08 12:03 PM
    Hummm....

Is the "manage internet email" the same as "media net home?" Trying to find the icon you are speaking of. Thanks!
    12-12-08 12:06 PM
    Service books, basically what your carrier allows, sent to your phone for functionality.

Also if you ever have email issues, you need to resend them

No, not the media net home, I dont think, it should specifially say Manage internet email. Be sure you havnt hid it.

Or alternatively, log onto AT&T and find your email area
    12-12-08 12:13 PM
    Well I know that I've had the problem before and when I did a battery pull it worked...not to say that you're wrong but I know that it worked for me
    12-12-08 12:15 PM
    Thank you! I am resending the Service
    Books - found it! Let's see if it helps.

Many thanks!!
    12-12-08 12:23 PM
    Strange...I resent the service books but it hasn't allowed emails to come to my BB yet. I wonder if it takes time?
    12-12-08 12:27 PM
    Can take up to 20 mins, did you recevie the activation msg?

BTW - are you running facebook by chance?

Also, try this

Options, advanced options, host routing table, menu key, register. This registers the device on the network.
    12-12-08 12:29 PM
    Interesting you ask about Facebook. I DO have that as an application but it is not open and running now. I wonder if that caused trouble?

Glad to know it can take up to 20 minutes. I sent myself a test email and it did not come to the BB but maybe it needed more time?

I don't know if I got an activation message but after I resent the Service Books, it said it was successfully sent. Is that an activation message?

I TRULY appreciate your kindness in helping me. I am a bit of a BB newbie, as you can tell!!
    12-12-08 12:33 PM
    No, you should receive an email saying its was succesfully activat4ed

What I suggest now, it delete facebook, I know alot of peoople that have this, and causes HUGE issues with the phone, so delete that, reboot the phone when prompted, then report back

Options, advanced, applications, scroll to facebook, then delete.

Now, when you DONT have facebook installed, and you resend your service books, this ICON, will come across, now, if you chose to NOT install it, just hide the icon, its not using anything etc.
    12-12-08 12:36 PM
    Okay - just deleted FB and the phone is restarting. I will resend the service books and pray for a miracle!!! Thanks! I'll report back!
    12-12-08 12:41 PM
    WOW! How funny. As soon as the phone re-started, A ZILLION emails flooded to my phone - all of the emails from the last few days that made it to my regular computer but not the BB. So I guess the problem is probably fixed. I will send another rest email now just to be safe.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, RACHEL. You are amazing! How on earth did you know those tricks? I am in awe!!!!

THANK YOU!!
    12-12-08 12:50 PM
    PS I just found within those zillions of emails to my BB an activation message so whatever resending of the service book action seems to have worked.

I AM THRILLED AND RELIEVED!! I was very worried that I wouldn't solve this mystery!
    12-12-08 12:51 PM
    Well, ive seen alot of people having issues with not receving emails, if the service book thing doesnt work, then my next resort is to ask about facebook.

Anytime you have any email issues, the first step is to send your service books again.

Now you try to install facebook again, totally up to you, but, just keep in mind it has/does cause people alot of issues, if you decide not to install it, just hide the icon.
    12-12-08 12:52 PM
    I won't reinstall Facebook. It's not worth the risk, assuming that may have been the cause of my woes.

Thanks again. You should work for Blackberry!! : )
    12-12-08 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD