After making phone calls I notice that I cannot use my data(browser, aim) for a while afterwards, sometimes up to like 5-10 minutes. I know that CDMA does not support data and voice at the same time but why such a delay? It is getting very annoying.
    06-03-09 01:36 AM
    I've had it happen from time to time. I just turn it off and back on, the problem is usually cleared up. Full reset isn't necessary, usually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 01:39 AM
    Yeah, it's been happening to me lately too.

06-03-09 01:41 AM
    mine has always done that...I usually just power cycle my phone or wait a couple minutes
    06-03-09 02:06 AM
    I have noticed this too!! I thought something was wrong. After a call I have to wait 5-10 minutes before being able to access browser or email. It happens every so often.

06-03-09 05:04 AM
    Mine does this but it's not that long. During a phone call my phone will drop from EDGE to edge and I have to wait like a minute for the data to come back then I can use it. This is using a GSM Curve
    06-03-09 07:08 AM
    Mine has always done that data-delay-after-a-call thing. I have a lot of long conference calls (much to my chagrin since I am SO a texter not a talker!) and notice that afterwards, I get no emails for 5 or 10 minutes, then suddenly 22 queued emails all appear at once. I'm on BES - the BES and BIS emails all come in at once, so it's apparently a data thing. Never tried to close and restore connections, will try that next time, like an hour from now :-)

06-03-09 07:48 AM
    I tried turning on and off connections too and that didnt really help. ill try power cycling the phone though and see how that is.

it doesnt change from EV1X to ev1x but alas the no data is a problem. hopefully the new curve for vzw will not have that problem as pronounced, oh well.
    06-03-09 02:48 PM
    Mine has always done that too, but it also does it after I end a tether modem data session. At first I would go through all the gyrations of power cycle, reboot, etc. Eventually I found the simple thing is to just be patient for a few minutes and all is well in short order.
    06-03-09 03:07 PM
    Mine has been doing that for a while. Since battery pull tends to take a while, I found that the quickest solution is to do provisioning (Options --> Mobile Network, hit BlackBerry button, click Start Provisioning). Sometimes have to do it twice, but still faster than rebooting.
    06-03-09 03:32 PM
    What OS version is everyone that is having this issue running?

Options/About third line down.

06-03-09 03:34 PM
    4.5.0.138 is the os im running now
    06-04-09 03:40 AM
    Verizon BlackBerry Curve 8330/4.5.0.77

06-04-09 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD