I posted this in the SPCS forum too, since I honestly think it is Sprint's coverage at fault here...Phone is a BB Curve 8330 with OS 4.5

Hello fellow addicts,

At work, I was recently moved to a new location in the office, that, as we shall say, has absolutely crap for coverage. My phone says EV until I go to respond to a message or BBM or email or something of that nature.

As soon as I do move it, it jumps from EV to 1X. When it says 1X, I get NO DATA support as all. Texts will stay pending, BBMs will show the wierd little logo and emails just sit there.

Why in the **** can't data work when it says 1X? It has good coverage under 1X. It is not roaming, still on Sprint SID...but...nothing...GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Last edited by its_miller_time; 05-13-09 at 06:26 AM. Reason: incomplete
    05-13-09 06:25 AM
    Try to resend service books. It that don't work then do a battery pull. I have the same peoblem from time to time and it works for me. May try updated your roaming. Don't know how to do it for Sprit phones but for Verizon it is *228 option 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 07:22 AM
    When it goes to 1x sometimes you can turn connections off and turn it back on and the ev will show up again and stay. Mine does that sometimes.
    05-13-09 09:02 AM
    Try this.

Option > Mobile Network Press the BB Menu and select Diagnostic Test
    Press BB Menu and select Run. If it shows that you have a Radio Access of EVDO then you are connected the service. If it does not show an IP Address then there is a issue with the server not assign your BB one or a issue with Sprit server.
    05-13-09 10:21 AM
    or it could be something in the building. I work in a large medical center and from area to area coverage changes from full tilt to nothing for all phones, all carriers. Its not always the carriers fault. Read the booklet it explains all of the symbols and what you do and dont have
    05-13-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD