my bb show up on DM, but i get no charge from the usb. Wall charger same thing, the lil plug next to the battery shows for like 5 secs then disappears.

Was at 40% charged it for 1 hour and its still on 40%.
    Could this be an OS bug????
    08-20-08 10:50 AM
    Not an OS bug... no.

Do you have Desktop Manager loaded to your PC?

Look very closely at your USB port on the BB... does it appear any pins are broken or bent?

Pull your battery and reboot, and try again.
    08-20-08 10:56 AM
    looks like your copy of DM didn't have usb mdem drivers go here and download usb and modem drivers should charge thenhttps://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
    08-20-08 11:02 AM
    If you get no charge from either, then there seems to be an issue with the device it self. Either bent prongs in the mini usb or the mini hub has broke a contact on the inside of the device.
    08-20-08 11:05 AM
    looks like your copy of DM didn't have usb mdem drivers go here and download usb and modem drivers should charge thenhttps://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
    The link you provided does not work sorry.
    08-20-08 11:06 AM
    The link you provided does not work sorry.
    Seems to work fine but its irrelevant I didn't notice the op said said wall charge not working either therefor this is NOT a fix anyway. Sorry to much caffine this AM
    08-20-08 11:10 AM
    Did you have try to charge without PC, just use the power adapter?
    08-20-08 11:50 AM
    If the wall charger doesn't work then I'd bet it's the usb connection on your berry. It has been problematic for some. You can get a charging pod here at the CB store.
    =8')
    08-20-08 12:13 PM
    If it shows up in DM and you can still transfer files etc, without turning it in for a replacement(if thats an option), like someone else said the next best thing is getting a charging pod/craddle.
    08-20-08 01:55 PM
    Man , I came in here all EXCITED , thought you were given something away!
    08-20-08 08:52 PM
    Man , I came in here all EXCITED , thought you were given something away!
    Soory bout that Grandmaster!!!

My problem is solved!!! Phone charges normally now, at at a booming 100% again.
    All i did was uninstall Desktop Manager, i dont think i wanna put it back,lol.

I have the new DM 4.6, LEMME C HOW THAT 1 GOES!!

Thanks Guys!!
    08-21-08 06:16 AM
    If it shows up in DM and you can still transfer files etc, without turning it in for a replacement(if thats an option), like someone else said the next best thing is getting a charging pod/craddle.
    swap it out under the 1-year warranty issued on all RIM devices. it's an 8320, which has been on the market for less than a year.
    Last edited by oakie; 08-21-08 at 06:21 AM.
    08-21-08 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD