Hi,

Recently I ordered a BlackBerry Curve 8330 on Ebay. The description said everything worked on the phone but the case was pretty beat up. SOOO I also ordered a new housing.

The phone and housing luckily came on the same day. I turned the phone on, played around with it a bit, and everything was peachy. After exchanging it out with a BRAND NEW BEAUTIFUL CASE (fully loaded midplate) none of the buttons on the phone will work what-so-ever. The phone will turn on (after a battery pull) and will boot up. But nothing from there. Keyboard lights up, trackball works (no clicks) but thats about as far as it goes

Already tried 100 battery pulls, i did a full OS reload, NOTHING. I dont get it!

PLEASEEEE HELP!!!!
    04-17-09 12:31 AM
    did something get installed wrong when you did the new housing? I would try taking the housing off...maybe something just got done weird or whatever. I don't know much about housing, but thats what it sounds like to me. If the berry was working fine initially, I would think when you put the housing on, something happened.
    04-17-09 12:35 AM
    Are you saying you moved everything to the new midplate? That's a no-no, should've left the old midplate as-is and changed everything else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 12:35 AM
    Noooooo, the new housing came with a new midplate that had allll newparts already attached. I tried putting it back in the origional housing, and still no luck. Nothing really appears to be broken. It just doesnt make sense!
    04-17-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD