ive been having a huge battle with my 8330 curve. i got it used on ebay(mistake#1)

while i was erasing the it policy i found out the phone is from ontario. i live in massachusetts.

now the phone is unlocked(no lock next to my firewall) i cant get more than a 1xev. also no browser no email no picturemsgs.

verizon techs cant do anything for me.

is it bacause the phone is from canada?

i cant send host routing table or service books... but i was able to register on the BIS site.
    09-29-08 08:46 PM
    If the phone is unlocked this could be the reason they will not support it. Did they activate the ESn on the VZW network? Which carrier did this phone belong to?

1xev means that the device is not seeing data at all. If all the provisioning is correct on the account, and the ESN is active on the network it should work.

Did they have you do a register now? If yes make sure all your data is backed up. Do a secturity wipe.

Then do *228 opt 1 and a register now.
    09-29-08 08:56 PM
    yes we did that over the phone and nothiing happend,

and it is activated on the vzw network

i dont know what provisioning is though.
    09-29-08 08:59 PM
    Provisioning are features attached to your account. SOme that CS or TS should check
    09-29-08 09:01 PM
    and it was a verizon to verizon
    09-29-08 09:01 PM
    Do a secutiry wipe of the phone. Make sure data is backed up.

When it comes back, do a *228 opt 1 and a register now. If this does not work then have VZW TS check the RIM relay tool. If that is okay, then it might be a device issue
    09-29-08 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD