I just got a Curve about 5 hours ago. I already want to smash it with a hammer.

Why in the world does everyone but me have a browser? I have followed the advice I have seen on some posts in this forum (routing table -> send registration, etc), multiple times a piece and NOTHING has worked. I have updated through the *228 number, activated the phone, tried soln's found here, and nothing works. I only got this to go online with and check email, which I can't do until this phantom browser decides to make an appearance. This is my first blackberry and will certainly be the last.

Regardless, does anyone have any suggestions? I'll try anything at this point. I seriously am about to throw this into the sewer where it belongs. Infuriating!
    05-27-09 09:03 PM
    Did you call CS or take it back to the store?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:07 PM
    Might be a network thing. Did you see this thread?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ver...roblem-236004/

You can try calling customer service and see what they say.
    05-27-09 09:12 PM

Why in the world does everyone but me have a browser? I have followed the advice I have seen on some posts in this forum (routing table -> send registration, etc), multiple times a piece and NOTHING has worked. I have updated through the *228 number, activated the phone, tried soln's found here, and nothing works. I only got this to go online with and check email, which I can't do until this phantom browser decides to make an appearance. This is my first blackberry and will certainly be the last.

Regardless, does anyone have any suggestions? I'll try anything at this point. I seriously am about to throw this into the sewer where it belongs. Infuriating!
    The data side of the BB is not active yet. Call CS and they can walk you though it and check to ensure your account is set up correctly.
    05-27-09 09:13 PM
    I have a related problrm with my storm. Both in the web broswer and in Pandora fields come up where I type in information. But where on the storm is the "enter" key?
    05-27-09 09:16 PM
    And do a battery pull also, remove the battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. This is also one of the main reasons when a BlackBerry is first activated on Verizon it does not have the "Go To" feature in the Browser...
    05-27-09 09:17 PM
    I had the same problem with the Storm. I called CS and they walked me through a process and it magically appeared again. Don't smash your phone yet!
    05-27-09 09:19 PM
    I had the same problem with the Storm. I called CS and they walked me through a process and it magically appeared again. Don't smash your phone yet!

what process?

i'm paying for data i'm not utilizing at this point.
    05-27-09 09:23 PM
    Once again as stated multiple times, you need to CALL customer support with Verizon so that they can get the data plan properly set up. The issues you have listed are indicative of the data not being properly set up. You need to call.
    05-27-09 09:31 PM

I say call customer support...as mentioned...I had the same problem when I got my phone on Saturday and was quite upset, but CS walked me through the above steps, and got it working. (I think Verizon missed a step in programing, because the rep mentioned that the last phone she did was having problems and she blamed RIM's servers)

I don't possibly know how I've lived without a BB and now that it is working I am very happy.
    05-27-09 10:04 PM
    Thanks guys, will call tomorrow and see what the deal is. According to the phone, my data plan is on, and I have been paying for the plan for a few days already. The phone came with ZERO instructions past how to activate it, no indication I needed to call anyone (or even a number to call), and this is the first time I've heard of just pulling the battery out while it's on (will also try that). To me, that points to horrible planning on BB/Verizon's part to just throw a phone at someone w/ no instructions. I already have no time...I want a phone, not a complicated uber rubik's cube haha.
    05-27-09 10:27 PM
    Are you saying that the device didn't come with a User Guide? And that there's no Help! icon on the device?

Those are GREAT places to start.
    05-27-09 10:30 PM
    Thanks guys, will call tomorrow and see what the deal is. According to the phone, my data plan is on, and I have been paying for the plan for a few days already. The phone came with ZERO instructions past how to activate it, no indication I needed to call anyone (or even a number to call), and this is the first time I've heard of just pulling the battery out while it's on (will also try that). To me, that points to horrible planning on BB/Verizon's part to just throw a phone at someone w/ no instructions. I already have no time...I want a phone, not a complicated uber rubik's cube haha.
    This is of course not RIM's fault, it's Verizon's, so don't blame the phone.
    05-28-09 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD