hi,
    have been syncing my 8320 curve with outlook 2010 using DM 5.1 since january 2011 and NEVER had any issues til yesterday. started getting the "No Available Message Stores" error. haven't changed anything at all. then tried to reconfigure (just to confirm) my sync options, and it keeps coming up. so i wiped my handheld, thinking there might be an error in the phone, as it is 3 yrs old now, to no avail. so i uninstalled and reinstalled DM 5.1, and still get those same errors. now my phone has no calendar or contact entries. need to sync. any ideas?
    thanx,
    george
    06-04-11 06:52 PM
    I googled "No Available Message Stores" and came up with several hits, including this one that might help: KB15564-"No available message stores" appears when configuring synchronization settings in BlackBerry Desktop Software

If you doesn't, you can repeat the search and try another hit.
    06-04-11 09:35 PM
    jeff,
    thanx for the response. i did see that link, as i've been googling and trying things for hours, but nothing seems to work. that link said "Create a new MAPI profile pointing to a new .pst file", but all my entries are in the old .pst file. not quite sure about how they work anyway, but may try uninstalling outlook and reinstalling. have seen others that say to rename the "mapi32.dll" file to read "mapi32.dll.old", then use the "fixmapi" app to replace it, but vista won't allow renaming it. don't have permission to do so, even though i turned off UAC. so i'm sorta stuck in limbo unless someone comes up with something else. i just tried system restore, but for some reason, it wouldn't cooperate either. not my day
    george
    06-04-11 10:35 PM
    Have you tried DM 6?
    06-04-11 10:39 PM
    lak611,
    thanx, but no i haven't tried DM 6 yet. i'm starting to think that it might be more of an outlook problem than a blackberry problem from all the research i've done online. seems it's some mapi files might be corrupted, but just not sure how to go about fixing. is DM 6 compatible with my dinosaur Curve 8320?
    g
    06-04-11 11:17 PM
    lak611,
    thanx, but no i haven't tried DM 6 yet. i'm starting to think that it might be more of an outlook problem than a blackberry problem from all the research i've done online. seems it's some mapi files might be corrupted, but just not sure how to go about fixing. is DM 6 compatible with my dinosaur Curve 8320?
    g
    Yes, DM 6 is compatible with your device. BlackBerry - Desktop Software System Requirements

You said you are using Outlook 2010. DM 6 is better with Outlook 2010 than older versions of DM.

I had issues with Outlook 2010 before I installed DM 6.
    06-04-11 11:32 PM
    thanx again for the tip lak611. i'll give it a go. hopefully they'll play nice together!
    gm
    06-05-11 12:29 AM
    lak611, you're the man! i installed DM6 and all's well again. i can understand that something may've gone wrong with DM5.1, but i unintalled it twice and ran CCleaner before reinstalling but the same problem came back each time. that's why i assumed it was an outlook issue. but then at the end, 5.1 didn't even show the option to sync w outlook, so that was a giveaway. anyway, thanx again for the helpful advice,
    gm
    06-05-11 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD